Ultimate Subaru Message Board

But its a start. 95 L 1.8. Have to tear everything down/apart and put it back with "newer" parts. Its been completely stripped inside, it only has the front seats right now. I do have a source for parts (thanks to Qman & PIA) and I hope to have it on the RallyX course soon. Want to keep it stock this year so I can get a feel for it and it would be beneficial to race that class from what I understand right now. So, without further comments, other than more pics will be coming tomorrow.......

95imp2.jpg

Cost me $500 :clap:

And yes, it runs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your braver than I would ever be Rob. I would just took it straight to the junkyard after someone riced it out. But, like you said, that will be a perfect rallyX car.

Congrats.

You havent seen everything yet. Wait till I post pics of whats left of the interior :rolleyes:

The 95/96 Imps are the perfect platforms for RallyX. Lighter than the rest of the line, and if you happen to get a 96 Brighton its the lightest. Mine does have A/C but roll up windows. Might be removing the A/C, for sure if its not functional. Plus theres a ton of parts that interchange and aftermarket stuff is available.

RICE!!!:grin:... Its still not so bad...and its going to be a Rally car so..its going to get beat anyway,,,At least parts are easy to come by ( sorry for the sarcasim..trying to cheer myself up with the Rice comment)

Hey.. I like that little Cosmic Blue EA81 coupe in the background..sure is pretty

Yep, saw it in person. It is every bit as ugly as the pics show. It will be OK in the end though.

Back to stock and a year behind the wheel will be good for you. Then go from there.

Come by and we'll see what we can come up with after you go to PIA.

Well, you can sure tell the difference between old gen and new gen folks:rolleyes:

C'mon guys, its a diamond in the rough. I bet you wont be snickering when I take my class in RallyX this year :-p

Give me a month and this car will look totally different.

Rob, I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. I can't get over the seats NOT being touched by paint.

Those will be the first things tossed out!

I have a very nice pair of Mitsu Eclipse seats that might go in, or some Lego's. Dont know yet.

But I'm sure I will be getting a complete interior from a donor Imp.

Lights, bumpers and go thru the mechanicals and it should be ready to RallyX. But it will have to pass State emissions first :rolleyes:

be careful with seat swaps..... those alone can move you to a new class..

sounds silly as hell, I know but check the rules

almost nothing can be unstock. (so if you remove the ac it has to look like it was factory option as non-AC)

other than that nice ride! (is it AWD?)

I dont know about the tires yet. I really havent touched or looked hard at the car yet, I needed a break. Been doing a HG job on a 87.5 XT-T.

So sometime this week I'll be giving a good inspection. And looking at the SCCA rule book ;)

And yes, I will be selling the lights, side skirts and rear bumper skirt.

Heh, the only original black parts are the drivers front fender and the trunk lid. The car was originally Teal. The rest is rattlecan flat black.

Oh, I'll touch it up, for sure :lol:

I did a quick look see on it today. Found out they hacked the wiring for the tail lights. If you plug them in, the parking lights stay on :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

A little update on my progress. Pretty much got the back done. Lights, bumper, exhaust and rear struts (old ones had cut springs). And replaced the drivers door. I got all the interior parts and other odds and ends off a car at PIA in Tacoma.

95imp3.jpg

Starting on the front stuff today. I was very fortunate and picked up a free wrecked 97 with a 2.2. High miles but no leaks, its replacing the 1.8.