Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would look SOOOO COOOOL under my Teal SVX!!!! :headbang:

I got pissed at it and cut most of it out :mad:

Sorry.

And its running now. Just needs a oil change and plugs. Got the front bumper on, but the headlight wiring got hacked up due to the projector lens installation :rolleyes: Got the headliner replaced and all the console out. Next the dash gets replaced then I can start putting it all back together inside.

I also need a right headlight (glass). If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know.

impfrnt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got most of the interior done, just need some plastic buttons. Hopefully I can get them from the dealer.

And to put things in a little perspective, heres before;

inside2.JPG

And after

interior2.jpg

interior1.jpg

interior31.jpg

Looks like I'm going to need the passenger door also. The window crank is all buggered up. Looks like another trip to PIA.

That looks awesome Rob. That could pass for a very nice used car with those sweet new interior bits. I don't know how you feel but, I have thought about taking all the stupid crap that the PO did and put them in a box and mailing it to him. You should do the same with all those crayon colored interior pieces.

Rob. I have a donation for you. You can have these seats, you'll be very happy. And. They have a height adjuster so you'll be able to see over the steering wheel. And. THey're legacy seats, so they sit forward. Meaning you'll be able to reach the pedals too. :-p

aseat04.jpg

Hmmm, thanks for the offer (I think).

I also have a set of Lego seats, but they are cloth. Have all the adjustments on them also. Once this thing is ready to roll, I might swap seats.

They're very comfy, came from a 93-94 LSi.

Going back to stock. Those things are fugly :-\ It also has the blacked out Altezza rears. Going to chuck those also.

I might keep the grill :-p

Let me know if you need any interior bits, I have a complete wrecked 94 base model, 1.8 FWD 5 speed, need the rear end stuff for the wife's assmunched 93 L...

How much for shipping for the Altezza lights? And/or the rear bumper? or did you not swap that out? (I'm too lazy to dig back and look...)

• 2 months later...

Well, my Imp decided it didnt want to go to the Show.

Probably knew I was going to thrash it at the Rally X :rolleyes:

phoenix1.jpg

When I filled it up with gas for the first time, I lost about 5gal on the ground.

Will have to cut out the floor to find the problem, I'm not dropping the whole rearend to drop the tank :-\

Found the leak. Looks like the morons that installed the under light kit thought it would be a good idea to run stuff under the rear seat. So to secure it, they ran a screw into the floor. Once they realized their mistake, they removed the screw. Which of course, caused the major leak.

So now I know why they got rid of it :mad:

Dont worry about the floor. This is a Rally X car, not a DD.

I'll button it all back up (no welding) and make sure it doesnt leak.

But what a PITA :rolleyes:3a7826ab.jpg

3a9bd3f6.jpg

Found the leak. Looks like the morons that installed the under light kit thought it would be a good idea to run stuff under the rear seat. So to secure it, they ran a screw into the floor. Once they realized their mistake, they removed the screw. Which of course, caused the major leak.

So now I know why they got rid of it :mad:

Dont worry about the floor. This is a Rally X car, not a DD.

I'll button it all back up (no welding) and make sure it doesnt leak.

But what a PITA :rolleyes:3a7826ab.jpg

3a9bd3f6.jpg

a torch and a little solder will fix that, no problem.:grin: