Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look at What We just got, 09 Forester!!!

Yesterday My soon to be Wife and I took a drive out to Anacortes, on the way back we figured we would go look, Look at new cars. Of course the first dealership we would go to would have to be the Subaru one, so we started looking at the New Legacys. They wern't what Tami was wanting so we ended up walking by the new 09 foresters, I never really cared for them to much but the 09's look good....... So we bought the silvery gray one for $26,000 bucks. And got rid of the 8MPG Dodge pickup. Here is what she looks like. I took these pics about 15 mins ago so they are fresh.

This is the 3rd one sold in Skagit Co so far, and this one just landed 2 days ago!

Hope you enjoy!!!!

Forester_002.JPG

Forester_004.JPG

Forester_005.JPG

Forester_001.JPG

Forester_003.JPG

Jeff

Had seen it last week when i the crashed outback at the dealer. Also the new outback diesel was in.

I like the new forester a lot, it lost its 'i am a japanese looking car' a lot.

Wishing i could buy them in dollars, omg $ 26k. Its over 30k euros over here that hurts a lot.

Good luck with it

Had seen it last week when i the crashed outback at the dealer. Also the new outback diesel was in.

Wishing i could buy them in dollars, omg $ 26k. Its over 30k euros over here that hurts a lot.

Good luck with it

30 k Euros, is that with or without Eurozone VAT (Value Added Tax). Is VAT really 18% in the Netherlands? OUCH!!!

Good luck with it

Wish I could buy an Outback Diesel.:headbang:

I think the Dual Exhasut is the coolest thing about the new Forrester. But now that the Forrester is a bloated Highway cruiser, when is Subaru gonna introduce the new "utility" model?

I'm thinking of an Outback or Tribeca platform with styling and ground clearance something between a Honda Ridgeline and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Like a Baja on steroids. But without too much in the bell and whistle dept.

Or even just a lightly lifted, Dual Range, steel wheel, stripped down version of the Forrester would be great, but it seems like they are going the opposite direction.

The new Subarus just don't look *TOUGH* like they used to. :(

Wish I could buy an Outback Diesel.:headbang:

I think the Dual Exhasut is the coolest thing about the new Forrester. But now that the Forrester is a bloated Highway cruiser, when is Subaru gonna introduce the new "utility" model?

I'm thinking of an Outback or Tribeca platform with styling and ground clearance something between a Honda Ridgeline and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Like a Baja on steroids. But without too much in the bell and whistle dept.

Or even just a lightly lifted, Dual Range, steel wheel, stripped down version of the Forrester would be great, but it seems like they are going the opposite direction.

The new Subarus just don't look *TOUGH* like they used to. :(

This does not look tough at all, 13" tires and no power

1936115f.jpg

But with a lot of work

rieter_016.JPG

They do. I do not plan on doing this at all to the forester. (anytime soon) :)

Jeff

This does not look tough at all, 13" tires and no power

1936115f.jpg

But with a lot of work

rieter_016.JPG

They do. I do not plan on doing this at all to the forester. (anytime soon) :)

Jeff

I realized after poting that maybe you didn't want to hear Poo-Pooing of the new car. sorry. I'm sure it' a great car, it' a Subaru.

Honestly though. I think the Brat looks tough, even with 13s. Look like it belongs in the desert on a dirt road.

Forrester looks like it should be at a drive thru espresso booth.

Although the rear end does have a nice Landcruiser/LX450 look to it.

I think it is for the raido and sat. radio. Not to sure yet though, We have to go back to the dealership in about 45 mins so I'll know more about it after that. I just hope I end up with a bunch of subaru hats and stuff. :)

No I think we are going to learn a whole bunch of stuff about the car I'm excited. This is the first car we have ever bought brand new. We got it with 22 miles and we are up to 55 miles now!!

Jeff

I realized after poting that maybe you didn't want to hear Poo-Pooing of the new car. sorry. I'm sure it' a great car, it' a Subaru.

Honestly though. I think the Brat looks tough, even with 13s. Look like it belongs in the desert on a dirt road.

Forrester looks like it should be at a drive thru espresso booth.

Although the rear end does have a nice Landcruiser/LX450 look to it.

This car is not really for me it's for the fiance. I have long hair in the fashion of a Mullet, There for I belong in a Brat or 89 touring Wagon:) , meanwhile my fiance is a superviser at a doctors office, She is the one that will be driving this thing the most. She gets all dressed up and looks very professional and is very professional , so she will fit right in with this rig. I don't see this thing going up to Walker Valley for a mud run or anything like that, So it'll fit with her a lot better than it would me. I probably won't even get to put my Iron Maiden Cd's in this one:lol: . But the main thing is, We have the driveway full of subaru's now, Except one Ford Ranger witch is on it's way out of here this next week. I like the Idea of a Subaru Only house hold. My Mom and Dad are coming up to the dealership with us today to. My Dad is thinking about getting a Legacy. So maybe we can get the whole family to covert from Crappy GM and dodge cars and trucks to the gloriuos World of Subaru:lol:

Jeff

convert from Crappy GM and dodge cars:lol:

Jeff

Go easy now, didn't you trade a Dodge in on that Forrester???:lol:

Looks good man. Completely different body style from what I had in mind, but it looks cool.

PS: You can thank GM for that body styling, they hired the guy who designed it shortly beforing selling to TOYOTA like a bunch of window licking nancy's!!!

I think we both know what needs to be done here......

:slobber: I'll go get the cans of flat black spray paint. You and Tami start taking off the hood.:slobber:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"it's not a Jeffmobile until it has a murdered hood" . . . you said it yourself jeff . . . where's the krylon?! :grin:

can't wait to see it monday!

chris

I sat in the 09 last time I was at the dealership and loved it. I am glad to see that you bought actual wheels and not the hubcaps that was on the white one I seen. I wish they would have went with a different style of tail lights though, I am about tired of the altezza look. They have a ton of room cabin wise and cargo wise. If you got the 5MT, you need to check out the black shifter knob they offer, its pretty sweet.

Nice! Your story sounds just like my wife and me. We went down to look into a new Outback. Turns out they don't have a moonroof unless you get the limited or the XT package, and that also includes leather. Bad news bears if you have a dog.

We walked by the Foresters in the lot and after a test drive, ended up buying an '08 Forester XT Sports. A big big moonroof for her and a super fun turbo for me! :grin:

Turns out they don't have a moonroof unless you get the limited or the XT package, and that also includes leather. Bad news bears if you have a dog.

I prefer leather seats with my dogs. Of course, my dog are very shaggy and hairy. It is much easier to get the hair off and mud off. Besides, they mostly stay behind the Seperator in the trunk.

I prefer leather seats with my dogs. Of course, my dog are very shaggy and hairy. It is much easier to get the hair off and mud off. Besides, they mostly stay behind the Seperator in the trunk.

Our problem was getting the slobber / nose drippies off before it dryed up and makes a stain in the leather.

My sister will be picking up a new Forester tomorrow. We test drove a couple of them over the past few weeks and were very impressed. They definitely have more head room and the back opening is higher. Rides pretty quiet and the gages look cool.

Took the dealer a few days to find the exact color and options that she wanted since they are arriving in bunches and selling in bunches.

I took my 01 Forester on some washed out dirt roads and it held its own. The new Forester has at least an inch more of clearance than the 2001. Get some splash guards and you will be fine.