Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Congratulations Ed Rachner for taking home the Gold!

Ed showed everyone how to Rallycross at Hillsboro Sunday in a mixture

of Hail, downpours , sun with the first place in Prepared 4wd! 70+ ran the afternoon session that did not finish until 6:30 . Ed also posted the best

time in the afternoon session even trouncing the Modified 4wd class.

Charles Morrill co-driving with Ed was close behind with 4th place. The

"old farts" led the way!! There was more than ten cars that simply got

stuck on course and had to be pushed or pulled to get going the mud was

so deep and slick. Ed however looked like a swamp buggy flying around the course with 3 runs total time under 4 minutes . Most were over 4 and

many were over 5 minutes combined. Way to go Ed!!!:headbang:

Eurowrx failed to mention he took the gold in Modified4WD. M4 was handicapped by getting the brunt of the rain/snow/sleet which slowed that class.

It was certainly a good day for me and I benefitted from "windows" of opportune weather. I'm not sure I had the fastest run in my class (I'll wait for the "official" resuts) since I think there was one faster run than mine.

It was a lot of fun however. I've got to thank Gary for the fine schooling at the Paul Eklund school and to Charles (cfwdfw) for the friendly competition; competition makes us all better.

OF's FTW!

Hopefully the trend will continue this year :brow:

Ed, they posted the results. 155 line entries -Ed Rachner overall top time of the day! An evo had the best single run but your 3 runs waxed him

for the overall.

Don't be so modest- You beat ALL including all the rally cars built for competition. You never took out a cone. You did it in a wagon with a full

interior.

The congratulations still stands. (and yes , us old farts rule!!)

OF's FTW!

Ed, they posted the results. 155 line entries -Ed Rachner overall top time of the day! Yes an EVO had 1 run faster but you beat him for the 3 runs.

Don't be so modest- You beat ALL including all the rally cars built for competition. You never took out a cone. You did it in a wagon with a full

interior.

The congratulations still stands. (and yes , us old farts rule!!)

You never took out a cone.
Truth be told, John, I did hit a cone on the second run. Either no one noticed (Charles and I did since I thumped it pretty hard) or it came down within the box and didn't count.:) Either way, it wouldn't have made a difference even if it had counted.

OF's FTW!

I'm not sure if you qualify as an OF yet.

As for me, I had some fun in the Legacy. I got it sideways a few times but I still need to get use to driving it. There's a bit of a power over-steer problem in the slalom and I just can't dump the clutch at 4K when up shifting from 1st to 2nd, like I would do in the GL. Can someone say BBQ clutch disk.