Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New To Me '91 XT6

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picked her up yesterday :banana: :banana: :banana:

and i got it for $200 :banana: :banana: :banana: (talked him down because it needed a battery- there went $50:dead: )

>

th_DSC01422.jpg

th_DSC01421.jpg

Updates

The Good: Has sooooo much power, you can just feel that this car (i need to come up with a cool guy nickname, like Darth Evader - evading the police, get it? hahaha (?)) is just itching to get me my next speeding ticket :rolleyes:

Clutch/Gears-Good

All Power Accessories-Good

Engine Oil Pressure-Good, it just does the same thing my wagon does, it reads reasonably high pressure when 1st started, and 10 min's later, when at idle, registers just above 0. No knocking or any other foreign (for a subaru anyway) sounds.

Exhaust-Flowmastered, VERY good :slobber:

. . . too many other positive to go on and on and on . . .

The Not So Good :grin:

Needs 4 axles (MWE, here's my next paycheck . . .)

Needs 4 tires, which of course means that since its 5X100 it MUST HAVE new wheels and tires :cool:

Needs electric power steering diagnosis . . . didn't get to check it out too much, but it definitely wasn't working ("we can't turn her in time, captain!!")

Needs me to buy a higher output air compressor to get the thing off the bump stops (my back is killing me today) or complete switch over to traditional suspension, i think the latter is in order, as i love the ride height on the bumpstops, but not "aired up" look when the airsusp. is properly inflated.

oh well, let the fun begin!! :headbang: somebody just needs to buy the RX that's in my garage soon, so i have space!!!!!!!

chris

Needs Volk's. Maybe some TE-37's, or some GTP's. 16" or 17"... 18" will be too tall. Or, i Know somebody with some RS 6 spokes that would look pretty hot IMHO. Although, they are my favorite stock wheels of ALL time. Unless there was a car that came with concave face TE-37's stock... in white.

Also, check out legacygt.com for some used 05+ Legacy GT coilovers. These ballers practically giving ************ away ($500 for teins, $400 for lightly used Megan's)

Then you can get the ride height... and some dampening!

Hope to see you still come out to the RX meet so I can meet ya.

Also, congrats!

How about you get a video of it. I would like to hear the ER27 with a flowmaster exhaust.

will do . . . it's not what you'd expect (the typical throbbing subie with exhaust sound) its very subdued, until you poke it, and then its just like BLAAAT, gurgle gurgle gurgle, BLAAAT . . . very american le mans series prototype sounding, if you've ever heard those :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

she's not home yet, the tires are wayyyy to far gone to trust them on the freeway ride home (so she's at a safe mid-location) :mad: but thats the only reason :)

also will do on checking out legacygt.com, thats a huge help, thanks! i've heard nothing but good about the megan's, so if i can get a "broken in" set of those for under 500, i'll be like this guy >>:grin::headbang:

i've been looking at tons of wheels, it's really going to come down to what the best deal is when i'm ready . . . gonna stay with 16x7 i think, to keep it light and make it tuck :cool:

offset needs to stay around +45 correct?

crazy horse, you might be onto something there, howabout "Raptor" as in F22 Raptor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-22_Raptor

chris

will do . . . it's not what you'd expect (the typical throbbing subie with exhaust sound) its very subdued, until you poke it, and then its just like BLAAAT, gurgle gurgle gurgle, BLAAAT . . . very american le mans series prototype sounding, if you've ever heard those :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

That has to be one of the most unique online descriptions of an exhaust, I got quite the chuckle. Can't wait to see the vid.

HOLY CRAP :slobber: You bought THAT for 200 dollars. Um shouldnt you be arrested cause u just made out like a bandit. Nice score. Beautiful paint as well.

I think you should name your car BANDIT, because you made out like one....And Burt Reynolds agrees!:banana:

I hope your local law still uses Impalas. Cuz if they gots Chargers...Well your XT6 at ~135, aint gettin away!:lol:

they been using 'copters and planes lately, nobody gets away :dead:

couple months back there was even a local news story about a ferrari driver getting pegged doing some stupid speed at night, he ran, but the state patrol airplane followed it with it's heat sensing cam (not too many cars out at night that glow in the middle instead of the front on a thermo pic :) ). impalas, chargers, maybe even a few crown vics were waiting a few miles later for that dude :dead: :dead: :dead:

thats gonna be a negatory good buddy, no big bird emblem on the front of this machine . . .

but the whole runnin' from da law part, totally :headbang:

Available on Ebay for $50, complete set of TA decals, I'll donate $5 if you decide to do it.

2702268352068080_1.jpg

East Bound and down.............................

bird doooo

uh, huh-huh-huh-huh-huh, hhhe said bird doooo :grin:

for those of you waiting for exhaust video . . . here's two clips taken with the ol' cell phone . . . doesn't quite do it justice, but you'll get the idea . . .

th_MOV01035.jpg

th_MOV01025.jpg

and that's with stock Y pipe and both cats still onboard . . . :cool:

and a few pics of the engine compartment i clicked . . . so clean :banana:

th_DSC01026.jpg

th_DSC01032.jpg

th_DSC01027.jpg

a question . . . can anybody tell me what this blue wire is for, it's connected to either the negative post of the electric steering motor, or another post very near that . . .

the electric steering isn't working, i'm sure mostly due to the fact that it's out of fluid :dead: , but i was wondering why this wire would be attatched to it, and not plugged into anything else . . . it's the only thing that looked out of place in the entire engine compartment (except for the rubber glove acting as an oil cap :confused: :-\ :rolleyes: )

th_DSC01029.jpg

th_DSC01028.jpg

crazyhorse, that one might look cool in a window, and there's a much greater chance (like 100% greater) that a small window sticker might go on this car vs. a massive gold bird :grin:

The blue wire is a recall part that Subaru put on...if you like power steering, and non-crispy cars... leave it be.:grin: Just kiddin about the crispy part, but it is there to keep the P/S motor happy.

That Raptor pic is just one of many in a google picture search for "Raptor logo"

The blue wire is a recall part that Subaru put on...if you like power steering, and non-crispy cars... leave it be.:grin: Just kiddin about the crispy part, but it is there to keep the P/S motor happy.

That Raptor pic is just one of many in a google picture search for "Raptor logo"

but where is the other end supposed to plug into?!!!!!! :confused:

that raptor pic is cool, i wanna sticker . . .

:headbang:

chris