Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally fixed the 4wd

I found the port where the missing vacume hose went, boy they didnt make it easy. Pluged it in sat in the car and the 4wd light came on. :grin: So the vacume lines were switched around fixed that pushed the button 4wd baby Pulled onto a construction sight i just had to try it. Pushed the button in. 4 wheel drive i cant say it enough. Pushed in my finely tuned clutch and stepped on thegas. I was thrown into my seat usually when i do this i get some wheel spin, nada i take off to the first turn turn into it and to my suprise the rear whips around the rear whips around. at this point in laughing and giggling like a school girl lol i take another turn on some dirt whip it around again. This is a hoot im totally stoked so i come to a stop to check things out. Look over mud. At this point i didnt care put it in gear and take off. drive through the slop kickin up mud and crud. I tell you what i really missed out on what this car was capable of during winter. Get through the nasties and i laugh. Pull out onto the road turned the 4wd off. It did hesitate when it turned off but eventually it did. Now my car is slopy with pride. I might half to rethink this going lower thing.

That is my first time 4wd subaru story

Ben

Finally fixed the 4wd

I found the port where the missing vacume hose went, boy they didnt make it easy. Pluged it in sat in the car and the 4wd light came on. :grin: So the vacume lines were switched around fixed that pushed the button 4wd baby Pulled onto a construction sight i just had to try it. Pushed the button in. 4 wheel drive i cant say it enough. Pushed in my finely tuned clutch and stepped on thegas. I was thrown into my seat usually when i do this i get some wheel spin, nada i take off to the first turn turn into it and to my suprise the rear whips around the rear whips around. at this point in laughing and giggling like a school girl lol i take another turn on some dirt whip it around again. This is a hoot im totally stoked so i come to a stop to check things out. Look over mud. At this point i didnt care put it in gear and take off. drive through the slop kickin up mud and crud. I tell you what i really missed out on what this car was capable of during winter. Get through the nasties and i laugh. Pull out onto the road turned the 4wd off. It did hesitate when it turned off but eventually it did. Now my car is slopy with pride. I might half to rethink this going lower thing.

That is my first time 4wd subaru story

Ben

:banana:

I can't wait to enjoy 4wd again. Both my soobs are 2wd but one will be 4wd sometime this summer. Your next step would be to install a D/R, then you'd REALLY know what you're missing out on. :grin:

Ive got the easy part just switchin a tranny and a transfer case, you need to switch out a whole load of parts.

I still dont know if im going to go up. Money is so tight ill probally just leave it alone. I did find some structure rust while i was lookin at the balljoint the other day. I need to take care of it before it takes care of me.

Ben

4WD is sick, isn't it?! I remember my first 4WD experience in my wagon. I'll spare you guys the details, but all you need to know is that I came home with a huge smile on my face. As a matter of fact, I'm smiling right now just thinking about it. Ahhhhh....Memories!

Good Job!:clap:

Motor Safely!!!:burnout:

Patrick