Ultimate Subaru Message Board

barometic pressure switch [ map question]

on my 95 a/t awd 2.2 165,000mi , got 3 bad maps sensors ,seems odd all 3 are bad, all hoses are good, could it be where the hoses connect to ? according to the ob2 scanner ,i clear the code drive it all week ,check it again ,it still shows up , and my mpg is kinda low at 19 city, when just a few months ago it was close to 24 city, thanks

if you are refering to the one mounted right below the MAP sensor and a little to the right(on the shock tower) i think its called the pressure exchange solenoid......i asked a question a while ago about it.....the best answer i got was that the function of this "solenoid" was that it switched between atmospheric and manifold pressure for some reason or another......im sure theres threads out there about it.... i havent had a chance to look it up though.....:)

im suprised no one else has chimed in, there has got to be someone out there that has had this problem...nonetheless.....i will take a look today and see what other sensor is in that area besides the ECT.......sorry i cant be of more help.......

i did see the sensor you were talking about.....i have no idea what it is....it could be the ECT but why on earth would they run manifold vacuum to that..........again im surprised no one else has chimed in......i cant even find that sensor in the haynes manual i have.......