Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finish Stripping Gathering May 3rd or 4th

A couple members showed interest in wanting to help finish stripping what we can from my XT6 before it goes to the squisher..The date in play is the weekend of May 3rd ...thats also so they can get a sneak peak before Carlisle of my West Coast coupe.

The usual rule applies...Food is involved:grin:

hmm did u say food/! :eek::lol: :lol: :lol:

i'll try to make it but i am doing major engine work to the wagon on the 2 weekends prior to carlisle... work include all seals, timing belt, red valve covers, washing the engine compartment (it will be muddy :grin: ) and clean the wheels hopefully

Sorry Bucky,

The title led me to believe this was something totally different, and now that I know it isn't; I won't be able to attend....:mad:

Sorry. An obscure fetish joke was just way too easy there. :lol:

And I'll take any bad joke I can get my hands on, ask OneEye!

If I were in the area, I'd totally help ya take stuff apart though!!

wish you were closer, id be there in a heartbeat to help out, lol. even quicker for hte chance at free food:popcorn: :lol:

i know you said that you most likely wouldnt pull the trans out, but if you manage to get it pulled, let me know, i could still use a 5spd.

either way, good luck with that connie, and enjoy the new coupe. it will be worth it.

I believe that Jess and I are "in"

Will you have LB on the road by then U think?

Yup..LB is totally driveable..and he doesnt try to kill people any more ( Ask Psyko ..LB tried to kill him..but is good now..Rack and Pinion was loose ..plus bad suspension)

I will rent a hoist..unless you "want" to bring the tractor..or we could make soething creative out of whats here

Yay!! Jess!!! I missed ya bunches last time. Hard trying to keep your redneck in line without you..

Yes John..mind outta the gutter and back on the tractor:-p ( BTW John...my local tractor supply is out of and has been out of that adaptor piece for the tip of the welder..hint hint..let me know)

Still..when are we going to have a gathering to help you with the Brat?? Pay backs for you helping me out.

I could probably *make* a hoist out of some angle iron and a bottle jack... but it would take a good portion of the morning. :-\ Better to just rent a hoist.

:cool:

Now about all this Finnish stripping.... ??? :confused:

John, as a redneck you should know the 2 man engine hoist :-\

4 X and a chunk of chain ;)

4 X and a chunk of chain ;)

Ah, yes. Where IS my head?

Incidentally, HTKYSA has 2 options listed for pulling a motor.

One is "using a hoist" ... the other is "using a neighbor" :lol:

Wasnt sure about doing this with the weight of an ER27 though :confused:

I could bring a LONG 4X and we could get 2 people on each side. :brow: