Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yeah it's in pretty good shape. I'm suprised at how "flimsy" the hood is though, sounds like a thunderstorm coming everytime I shut the hood or door. Nothing wrong with that though, gives it character. Everything else about it is pretty solid. I haven't been driving it much because I don't have insurance yet but I'm looking forward to it. The first thing on my list of things to do is waterpump, and then 2 rear tires. I'm gonna have to get adjusted to how quiet this thing is, it's nothing like my GL.

you DO know about pulling the rear seat bottom forward and making the deck lie flat, right?

If you can't get it to move, there's a latch about 1/2 way across the pax side under the crack in the back. Pull the latch to release the seat bottom and it pivots forward. There is supposed to be a nylon "tag" strap attached to the latch

unless the tires are new in front, you probably want to do all 4 at once. The AWD is pretty touchy about tire diameters. Depending, if you get in to do the water pump, might as well do the whole timing belt thing.

Something aircraft-engineer forgot to tell you about the rear seats: you need to pull your front seats forward the first time until you see if your regular driver's seat setting is too far back for clearance. If they're too close to the rear seat bottom it won't be vertical, and if it's not the seat backs won't stow totally flat.

Can't find the latch? It's just a strap, like he said. Only other Subie owners or Renault hatch owners will ever know how the dang thing folds; if you're stumped because you've never seen one fold, the dealer will be glad to show you. They get asked all the time, seat folding and the virgin switch.... :)

(My favorite memory of buying Dragon: seeing the woman's face as I pulled the rear seat up and stowed it properly! 'I've owned this car four years and I never knew it did that' she said. I felt sorry for the car and bought her immediately. ;) )

Enjoy your Imp! (Egad, we Imp drivers are taking over lately)

It's a 2wd so I don't really have to worry about tires matching. And yes, I'm aware of the seats folding flat. I've had 6 Subarus, 5 of which were wagons and I've used that option quite a bit. But it seems that I've grown since my first soob and for the past 3 Subarus it's been uncomfortable to have the back seat folded flat (I'm 6'3", it can get a tad bit cramped).

I let my mom drive it today and she really liked it (drives a 96' Camry). There's an Outback Sport at the dealership in Knoxville she's been talking about lately, so I'm trying to talk her into it.

There's an Outback Sport at the dealership in Knoxville she's been talking about lately, so I'm trying to talk her into it.

I went by there the other day and there is an 08 Imp up there with a roof rack that looks like someone welded a shopping cart to the roof it's so big. I am not a Grayson Subaru fan, place screwed my buddy over on his 02 WRX. 2nd gear went out on him day after buying it.

I went by there the other day and there is an 08 Imp up there with a roof rack that looks like someone welded a shopping cart to the roof it's so big. I am not a Grayson Subaru fan, place screwed my buddy over on his 02 WRX. 2nd gear went out on him day after buying it.

O'rly? HMMM... I'll keep that in mind. And yes, I saw that Impreza with the roof rack. I thought, "Wow, you could bolt a seat to that thing", haha. I'm actually not a big Grayson fan either, mostly because between Grayson Pontiac and Grayson Subaru, it's really obvious which dealership gets more attention from Grayson himself.

O'rly? HMMM... I'll keep that in mind. And yes, I saw that Impreza with the roof rack. I thought, "Wow, you could bolt a seat to that thing", haha. I'm actually not a big Grayson fan either, mostly because between Grayson Pontiac and Grayson Subaru, it's really obvious which dealership gets more attention from Grayson himself.

Hey I'm the buddy that Durania was talking about. Basically I bought my car used with 75k miles on it. Two days later second gear broke and I wasn't even driving it hard, just shifting into 2nd. They said, "I hope you know a good mechanic. That's what happens when kids drive those cars." I have also talked to 2 former employee's of Grayson Subaru and they both said that they quit because they were tired of ripping people off. They said that Grayson puts cars on the lot that they know FOR A FACT has something wrong with them or are about to break...like my car. One of those guys now works at EARL DUFF in Harriman. That place (DUFF) is amazing! I know everyone there, including mechanics and they are NOT out to get your money like Grayson. Oh and by the way, my mom talked directly to Mr. Grayson, or one of them because it's 2 brothers that run them now, and he told her that there was nothing he could do for me...

So yeah...I hate that place. I won't give them the satisfaction of even driving on to their lot. And I did report them to SOA, while giving props to Earl Duff. They told me that they appreciated my email...but obviously they didn't care.

So DON'T DO IT MAN!!!! It's not worth the risk.

So DON'T DO IT MAN!!!! It's not worth the risk.

I'll most definitely stay away from that place. I remember when she was looking at a 2000 Outback with the 2.5 with 135,000 on it and I mentioned to the salesman we were talking to about the tendancies of the dohc 2.5s to blow headgaskets... and he said "Oh that's part of the mantainance that's being done right now." He calls us a few times and I tell my mom to ask about the headgaskets that were supposedly done and he says "Oh that's something we only do if they fail." So yeah, we caught him in an outright lie so we didn't go back to look at the car.

After hearing that they were such a-holes to you because of your age, I think I won't even go there for so much as gaskets now.