Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1996 legacy L ej22...just wondering if anyone can tell me how exactly the AC cooling fans work.....the problem im having is the only fan that works is the main cooling fan.....isnt the other sub fan supposed to turn on when the AC is turned on?....the cooling fan comes on at the right time (when the engine is up to temp) and shuts off at the right time.......the MAIN FAN also comes on when i hit the AC button on the climate control panel, but isnt the sub fan supposed to turn on when i hit the AC button? i have tested a few things....all 4 relays tested good according to the HAynes manual, i have a good ground at the sub fan, the fuses are all good, but i have NO POWER at the sub fan...if someone could give me a brief overview on how the system works that would be great.......

problem fixed...thanks for the ideas guys.....i was looking for the cooling fan relays and unbenounced to me subaru put 1 fan relay under the dash above the fuse box..theonly 3 i was checking were in the fuse box in the engine compartment...it turned out there was no relay in the connector under the dash......stupid me...should have read a proper wiring diagram......