Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wheels: with new pics

Got the nw wheels yesterday. I am getting the lugs together today, and will probably start putting them on tonight. I measured the tires today, and the new ones are 25" tall, the old ones are 22" tall. How much trouble am I going to have? I know I can knock some fender out of the way at the bottom rear.

I hope that is all that I have to do. Here is a pic of them by the car, I will post more pics after installation.

1002349rq0.jpg

By cd45,

those look big, are they 15's or 16's? anyways the total height on my 15's was around 25 or 26" and that needed a bit of trimming. only the front side of the front feners though. that size tire really fills the wheel wells. that things gonna look good man

GOT IT. It took me all day but, I got it done. I am glad that I have access to a lathe amd mill, or I would still be there. I have read on here that some of you guys use a dremel tool to level the rear of the hub for the lug bolts. It took me most of the day to get it done with a mill, I don't want to know how long it took you with a dremel. They are on and they do not rub. They are about half an inch from the front but, they do clear. I absolutely love the way it looks. The tires really brought the car up. I will post more pics tomorrow, I only tookthis pic after I got the rear done, it was 12:30AM when I finally got finished. Thanks to all of you guys, without you I probably would have junked it 3 years ago. I have never done this much work to any car that I have ever owned. I also have not enjoyed working on a car as much as I do this one.

This is just the rear, half way done.

1002351cl6.jpg

By cd45

After installation

1002360ym5.jpg

By cd45