Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone else...

Ever get the urge where they just want to hop in their car and take it out to a curvy road and just drive your heart out? Feeling the grip break free on the back for a slight second when you drop down to second halfway through a left hand turn and not a moment later feel the front 2wd (or awd/4wd for some) throw your back end back in line to give you a powerful exit as you leave the turn only to enter a sharper right hand turn in which you feel the back end whip around with the sound of squealing tires as you drift around the turn and exit the turn with the same powerful exit as before with a big grin or your face?

Just imagine the scream of the engine and the sqeal of the tires with pull from the torque as the car throws you back in the seat...

Know what i mean?

Man i love driving

Ever get the urge where they just want to hop in their car and take it out to a curvy road and just drive your heart out? Feeling the grip break free on the back for a slight second when you drop down to second halfway through a left hand turn and not a moment later feel the front 2wd (or awd/4wd for some) throw your back end back in line to give you a powerful exit as you leave the turn only to enter a sharper right hand turn in which you feel the back end whip around with the sound of squealing tires as you drift around the turn and exit the turn with the same powerful exit as before with a big grin or your face?

Just imagine the scream of the engine and the sqeal of the tires with pull from the torque as the car throws you back in the seat...

Know what i mean?

Man i love driving

When i get those urges i find myself in the middle of Wyoming (keeping in mind i live in NY).

:clap:

nipper

i just got back from killing an hour in the hills. had to take the gf to work at 1, it was alittle before 12 and ther is nothing else to do in my town, lol. about half of the drive, we call em "mountain runs", is on gravel, the rest is tight and twisty tarmac and ends with about 10 miles on the expressway goming back into the city.

Wow, I'm gonna come visit you, i have one small winding trail by me that Ive found, and yeah numb most of the time it's all traction for me, but i love to push it and force a give way i wish my DL was awd :( ah well, nothin like feelin fast in a small car and knowin you can take that 70 degree turn at close to 50 maybe higher

Driving is fun. Thankfully I live in a small town and have lots of nice twisty roads with elevation changes and all the goodies to race up and down:headbang: . Only down side is I have as much law enforcement in the 33k population county as in LA:eek: :mad: , so cannot really fly like I want to. If I get the need for speed bug, I wish I was back in LA where you CAN fly around and not have to watch your rear view for the cops.

My VW didn't have much but i so miss feelin that super charger do it's work and throw me back a bit... hearin the high pitch whine as i race through the higher end RPMs..... i wish i could put one on my soob without damaging the engine ;.;