Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 still amazes me

I had a 86 Brat that was sitting in my yard for the last 6 years, Rusted beyond repair so bad that the mustache bar was on the ground.

Well I parked it there in 2002, I got her for nothing, in fact I drove it there, the Brats engine was overheating when I got her.

Well I kept it for parts LOL

So over the weekend my Godson wanted it for a bush car.

So he gets his friends father to come up with a truck and trailer.

I figure there is no way this thing will ever start, I hooked the jump cables to her, I dump two gall of gas in the tank and she turned over only to die out. I WAS LIKE WOW So we try starter fluid same result...

So instead of pushing the Brat up the trailer and giving up we decide to have the friends father sit in the engine compartment and dump fuel down the carb while the car is hooked to jumper cables.

Would you believe I drove the Brat up onto the car trailer while the dude was sitting in the engine compartment dumping fuel down the carb.

Good thing I had long Batter Jumper Cables LOL

So we figure the fuel line is all blocked up.

My Godson calls me after the 20 mile trailer trip to the house and tells me, Gee ... I guess all the movement on the trailer some how unblocked the fuel problem. Now when ya jump her she starts and runs no problem..

Im still shocked that this thing would start with old fuel/new fuel mix after 6 years sitting ...

I should have filmed it and sent it to Subaru to add to there new TV commercial campaign LOL

I mean you would have had to see this Brat, Looked like it fell down a coal hole, Rusted Dented, HOLES IN FLOOR..

JOE

I just got back from taking my coupe out for a spin..took the long way to the post office to ship some stuff ( that should have een shipped last week:eek:) ..and just wanted to keep driving it...234K miles and I can't believe how much I enjoy it.Even planning on taking it to work tonight and leaving the 08 at home... Yup...I LOVE my EA81

Im still shocked that this thing would start with old fuel/new fuel mix after 6 years sitting ...

I recently had a similar result with a VW type 3 sqaureback. Sat for 13 years. I had to dissasemble the fuel pump as it had just the slightest amound of varnish keeping it from turning. Fired right up on 13 year old gas.

GD