Ultimate Subaru Message Board

H6 Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer

Anyone interested on one for their H6 equipped rides (SVX, Tribecca, Outback). Trying to get some interest to see about production and group buys. "Thermal spacers lift the intake manifold off the super heated engine to lessen the transfer of heat. Both the intake manifold and engine block are aluminum so the high heat transfers very quickly....well these spacers stop that. The cooler the intake charge the more HP and TQ your engine will make.

In addition to cooling your intake charge, these will also give you larger intake volume similar to that of a throttle body spacer."

they build these for 350z's and G35's (many companies, altered atmosphere is probably the best), i had an aluminum one on my G35 that helped out quite a bit. these can be made from all kinds of material, even fiber composite. dyno's on the VQ35 engine in the Z's and G's showed about a 7-10hp gain at the wheels with this mod, although the intake plenum design on their engines is poor from the factory in that it really gets no flow to the front 2 cylinders, and a "plenum spacer" helps out with this design issue substantially.

it's kind of the same as doing a spider intake manifold swap on an old EA82 engine, it helps air flow into the cylinders, and allows more air volume to gather for the intake valves to use.

i'd definitely be interested for my XT6, if the H6 design that you guys use for the newer gen H6's is similar enough to allow it . . .

chris