Ultimate Subaru Message Board

trying to figure out the brat

hmmm, just wondering, could the anti diesel valve cause the fuel to not make it through the carb? the original owner had a brand new valve in still in the box with the brat when i got it. i cant remember why he said that he got it, but i think he said that he had fixed the issue that caused him to get it in the first place.

ive got the carb parts on the way, should have everything by tuesday, but i am getting a little worried that i might not be able to get it running in time. i guess i am just paranoid.

i was going to suggest this. make sure the plug ins are connected at the carburetor and the related fuses are good.

the fuel pump control unit senses coil spark to kick on the fuel pump while running.

take off the line and see if fuel comes out while cranking.

otherwise you can connect the fuel pump relay to something that comes on with the key, such as the +coil rerminal

as far as the fuel pump is conerned, its been replaced and ive already bypassed the relay since it is very dead, lol.

ive got a spare any deiseling valve thingy and a carb rebuild kit on the way, so in thoery, i should be ready by friday.

i was going to suggest this. make sure the plug ins are connected at the carburetor and the related fuses are good.

the fuel pump control unit senses coil spark to kick on the fuel pump while running.

take off the line and see if fuel comes out while cranking.

otherwise you can connect the fuel pump relay to something that comes on with the key, such as the +coil rerminal

sooo, umm, yeah, i am clueless when it comes to carburetors and rebuilding them.

i got the rebuild kit, but im afraid that ill break something trying to take it apart. i started on it, but i cant get some of the parts off and some of the screws are a bit "tight".

i jsut dont want to strip anything or break anything that i might not be able to fix or replace before the weekend.