Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wHAT KIND OF MUFFLER ON MY 88 TURBO WAGON

Its restricted from the turbo back.

If you want it to breath better, get a 2.5in system from the DownPipe back. Put just about any muffler you want on, but if you put a big fart can on, dont post pics here of it.

The next recommendation I have for you, is to learn the search function ;)

hell i cut off my muffler on my turbo wagon and just put a turn down on it. it felt better and really wasn't that much louder. turbos are a good muffler by them selfs.

+1 I think most turbo cars sound best with none.

(also do something about that nasty precat)

Put just about any muffler you want on, but if you put a big fart can on, dont post pics here of it.

ROFL, you can get away with a big fartcan, just take some hi temp paint and make it flat black or grey so it can't be seen, just heard :headbang:

an answer to OP's question, i've got a bosal (oem replacement company) muffler, but its one of their universal performance kind, and it gives me that throbby subaru sound that i love so much :slobber: (sounds like an STi, but not quite as loud)

you won't get too much sound (meaning, it won't be so obnoxious) out of a turbocharged car as long as you don't just strait-pipe it, because the turbo does a decent job of reducing sound as it turns the exhaust into boost . . . (like mellow65 said)

chris

ROFL, you can get away with a big fartcan, just take some hi temp paint and make it flat black or grey so it can't be seen, just heard :headbang:

an answer to OP's question, i've got a bosal (oem replacement company) muffler, but its one of their universal performance kind, and it gives me that throbby subaru sound that i love so much :slobber: (sounds like an STi, but not quite as loud)

you won't get too much sound (meaning, it won't be so obnoxious) out of a turbocharged car as long as you don't just strait-pipe it, because the turbo does a decent job of reducing sound as it turns the exhaust into boost . . . (like mellow65 said)

chris

that's genious... I think I'm gonna black out that megaphone the PO put on Winona!