Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Unfortunately, due to my lack of time and knowledge to solve my hesitation problem in my outback, Im dropping it off at the local stealer tomorrow to try and get it fixed. In addition to that problem, I wanting to get the clutch shudder problem taken care of too. I know theres a TSB for it but Im not sure what that means. Subaru has apparantly acknowledged there is a problem and has found a "fix" for it. But are dealers required to fix it if a car has the problem? What should i expect them to say? Its a 2002 with 109k so its out of warranty but it did have an extended 100k warranty I believe and the PO had the cluth replaced at about 60k I think but I dont know if thats because they were trying to fix the shudder problem or if they burned it up. If they were trying to fix the shudder and it didnt, should it still be covered under warranty or TSB because there is already a record of it? Seems kind of early for it to be worn out but I dont know. If they wont cover it, what can i expect to pay to replace the needed parts? Im not against paying to get it fixed if its reasonable but i dont want to get screwed. I just want to be excited to get to drive it rather than dred it which i do now.

Thanks