Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Legacy spring 08 update. (lots O Pics)

So I havent updated ya'll on my legacy wagon daily driver for a while so here ya go. Heres a list of things I have done to my legacy so far:

5sp tranny out of a 94 brighton legacy wagon. (I blew out 2nd gear doin some winter time rally, But the tranny had 235,000 miles so it was gonna go eventually.)

New radiator cause one day on my way to work It just puked out all the fluid.

Lightweight underdrive pulley. A great modification for more horsepower. Really pulls past 4K rpm.Heres a pic of the lightweight underdrive pulley:

pulley.jpg?t=1211136879

I also had my timing belt crap out on me. So a friend and I re did it ourselves. With the help of a chiltons manual of course. Heres a pic of one of the pulleys that had a bearing inside explode. Therefore the belt hopped around and failed. Also replaced another pulley in there that wasnt spinning that well.

l_325160f89c3598e9396cc7ecc8498cde.jpg

I also rigged up a cold air intake instead of the crappy stock airbox. Heres a pic:

airfilter.jpg?t=1211136933

And I still have that Naxos Free flow Muffler that is AWESOME!!! But over the winter my cat rotted off right after the header right before the cat. So I drove around with just a header for a while but DAMN it was a little too loud fo rme. SOunded Like a chopper. HAHAH. So I cut off the CAT and had a straight pipe instead. Heres a pic of the muffler:

naxos1.jpg?t=1211137057

I also got an Optima battery cause they rule! Plus my alternator is starting to crap out so its pretty much the only thing still turning over the engine.:dead:

engine.jpg?t=1211137150

And I finally got my summer tires and rims back on there. Heres pics of the awesome stance and sweet rims. Tires are 205/65/15 and three different kinds hAHAHAHHAHHA.

LOVE THE STANCE!!!

stancefront.jpg?t=1211137267

stancerear.jpg?t=1211137307

I love how the tires and rims stick out of the body a little:

rims.jpg?t=1211137353

rims2.jpg?t=1211137377

So with the few modifications I have done to my legacy it is pushing some better power than stock for sure. I have a few more plans for the suby to EEkk out as much horsepower with the stock engine. Rally videos and other pics to come this summer.:headbang:

glory.jpg?t=1211137506

i've been thinking of getting one of those pulleys myself..you notice any difference after changing it?

http://users.adelphia.net/~nv1z/allen92Legacyintake.jpg

Here's a (bad) pic of the filter i put on my old 92 legacy(don't have it anymore,but i do still own the filter).i'll get around to putting the filter on the 92 leg that i have now..

how's that muffler sound..?

anything like this?--

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/beretta92d/?action=view&current=vidclipwithoutsilencer.flv

Heres a clip of what it sounded like when I first put it on. With the catalytic converter still on.

Its a little louder now and much better.

Durania Yes it sounded just like that. Rediculously LOUD!!! Im sure My old upstairs neighbors loved waking up to that every morning. I'm glad its fixed tho.:banana:

Yesterday I noticed my spark plugs are NASTY! So im gonna get some nice ones to replace them. Any suggestions?

I see you have a couple of Toyo Spectrum at the front. That's what I have on my car and I like them.

Did you check that the circumferences of all four tires are not too far apart?

Yeah they are nice. The tread depth is about the same all around so I should be fine. Im gonna buy a set of new tires in a few weeks soo its all good. Handles way better than with stock tires on it.