Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mazda Wheels, Now What?

So i picked up these mazda b2000 wheels with tires for 50 bucks which isnt bad. But im looking at the depth of these things. About 6 inches and im thinkin there going to stick out. The guy said they sat on his truck fine but im having a hard time not seeing them stick out on my 88 dl wagon. These dont look like factory truck wheels they are more like these

http://www.uswheel.com/wheel.cfm?category=65

14 x 6

Also the only way i guess to really be sure is to throw them on right. Well easier said than done. Either i drill out the wheel and possibly destroy getting my money back. Or takeing the time to disasemble my car and drill out those holes to see if that works. Putting my car out of comission

Any Advise.

Ben

Is there a way i could knock out 2 studswith the hub still on the car then put them back in after ive checked it.

Sure, but CAREFULLY.

Looking at the wheels you linked to the offset is 0, making the hub sit exactly in the center of the wheel tire combo, so taking a tape measure (divide the overall width by half), and measure out from the face of the hub this distance, and sighting down your fender you can get pretty close to the amount the tire is going to hang out.

Is there a way i could knock out 2 studswith the hub still on the car then put them back in after ive checked it.

Sure, but CAREFULLY.

Looking at the wheels you linked to the offset is 0, making the hub sit exactly in the center of the wheel tire combo, so taking a tape measure (divide the overall width by half), and measure out from the face of the hub this distance, and sighting down your fender you can get pretty close to the amount the tire is going to hang out.

How do i remove the hub then how do i remove the studs.

Ben

what's the backspacing measurement. (distance from rear lug mount surface to back edge of rim...

I have 3 different suby pattern 14x6 wheels we can compare the measurements to. then testfit on yours

for reference:

wagdiff.jpg

So I calculated the offset of the rim roughly and they are about 26mm offset. I used to run 25mm on my EA81 and they are perfect. 23mm stuck out a little. EA 13"x5.5" wheels are around 58mm I think. So I'd say your fine. They will work good.

Just because a wheel works on one car doesn't mean it will on all. Different brands, ages, models etc use different fender overlap. Some 4x4's even have factory flairing and use less offset or even negative offset rims.