Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK so this is how you treat me?

So get this, Today I am graduating from high school. I did my master cylinder yesturday, blead the brakes today, got it out of 4wd, and as I am on my way to my moms house to start getting ready, the car suddenly dies on the transition ramp to one of our most hectic and busy freeways.... I mean I got off the little ramp thingy, and it flat out dies!!!!!

95 bucks later the thing is towed home and i can still make my graduation. havent had time to diagnose, heres some little details, cranks no start, occasionally It fires like timing is way off, but it cranks like normal so I dont know, tomarrow I am going to check for fuel, spark and of course timing belts. I HATE subarus, but yet I love them, a love hate relationship:-p

Thats what I am thinking about in my head... im just glad I got it home, I didnt really look at it too much while on the side of a scary freeway. If its timing belts, ill find a way to cough up the cash... I really think its something super simple, I gotta keep hoping it is :-\

mine did that once... bad tensioner caused the timing belt to skip a tooth... I'm sure it'll be fine... but sucks when you get stranded, which seemed a common problem with my old '88 turbo...

--Spiffy

if you were running with no front covers you'd know already!

Here's to no belt covers!

I had the timing slip on the highway once. Popped the hood and got her all straightened out then back on the road. No tow truck, no big deal at all.

At least if it is the belts, it's a NON interference engine!

Congrats on the grad. Good luck with the sub.

I had the rotor screw come out once too. Thought I ran out of gas, so I had a friend tow me to a gas station. When it was full, and it still wouldn't run, that's when we started diag. Found the rotor loose, and fished around for the screw in the disty.

OK this just in... YOU MUST FOLLOW THE KISS METHOD keep it simple, stupid!

The distys rotor screw popped out, the rotor spun, but that was just luck when I looked at it, I was staring at it today, and I decided to try to turn it, just for fun, and it did turn. YAY FOR ME!!! now my car is back and running, although that screw is a bit challenging to get in.

OK this just in... YOU MUST FOLLOW THE KISS METHOD keep it simple, stupid!

The distys rotor screw popped out, the rotor spun, but that was just luck when I looked at it, I was staring at it today, and I decided to try to turn it, just for fun, and it did turn. YAY FOR ME!!! now my car is back and running, although that screw is a bit challenging to get in.

Same thing has happened to alot of us. glad you got it fixed :banana: Suberdave and a turbone guessed what mine was. :cool: