Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brush Guard bolt dimensions?

Howdy Gents,

I recently purchased a brush guard for my 84 Hatch, but unfortunately it didn't come with the bolts to get it on. It is the A-type guard that bolts to the tow hooks. if anyone has one and can give me the bolt sizes and lengths that would be most awesome! thanks a million:grin:

Chances are that nearly every one still out there has been swapped, traded, moved, ect so many times that there won't be a consensus on such a small detail. If they even came with the hardware originally it was metric stuff, and there's a good chance that they either didn't, or that it wasn't used all the time. Being an option, it was often up to the dealer to supply such things.

Measure the thickness of the items it goes through, gauge the hole sizes, add an extra 1" (or metric equivelent) for nut, washers, and lock washer, and grab something that works.

GD

Welcome to the board!

My bar came from the dealer, back when the car was new.

I think they used whatever they had laying around the shop to bolt it on.

They never did bolt it to the bumper!

They just bolted it at the tow hooks and that's it.

Go to Home Depot and get-r-done!:lol:

Good Luck,

Glenn

Chances are that nearly every one still out there has been swapped, traded, moved, ect so many times that there won't be a consensus on such a small detail. If they even came with the hardware originally it was metric stuff, and there's a good chance that they either didn't, or that it wasn't used all the time. Being an option, it was often up to the dealer to supply such things.

Measure the thickness of the items it goes through, gauge the hole sizes, add an extra 1" (or metric equivelent) for nut, washers, and lock washer, and grab something that works.

GD

+1

I got my brush guard from an old friend I had and he gave me all the nuts and bolts I needed. He also gave me a small spacer that goes in the center. I did have to fabricate some small brackets to bolt up the front. I took off the bar that runs across the front and modified the brackets to fit with the brush guard and bumper brackets. Here are some photos of both.

Brush_1.jpg

Brush_2.jpg

Lights_3.jpg