Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of progress

True that. But I armorall my car once every 2.5 weeks and the only thing that gets dirty is my floor mats :lol:

I did I did 3 coats and let them dry properly at the right temp.

I love my subaru I don't abuse it. This will be my show car some day :)

any paint will wear through over time... clear coat is your friend for things like this...

--Spiffy

Really?:rolleyes:

Not quite like this stuff does.

True2Blue, If you don't load stuff much, you should be fine. The biggest problem I found is when the plastic panels flex, or get moved around much. Like where you did in the rear there, above the wheel wells, try not to have any loaded items against them. Any kind of deflection in the plastic panels usually ended poorly in any of the cases I've seen. I would personally try to limit the ammount used on large panels in the doors, and hatch too. I found the paint on the drivers door was usually the first to go, because it is getting opened and closed most often. The larger the panel surface, the more the deflection it allows, and like I said; I saw alot of cracks on areas like this. Also, you will probably have to repaint any areas that get rubbed against often. Like your center console, or armrest pieces. The abrasion from normal use seemed to wear through this paint a little quicker than most. It sounds like you've got plans for the car though, so you should be a OK. Good luck man, and like I said; Keep doing good quality work!

If you really get into this kind of work, look into automotive base clear paints with flexible additives. With the proper prep work, these systems work great for this kind of stuff. I've done everything from automotive interiors to 4wheeler plastics. The quality is top notch, your color palet is virtually infinite, and the better brands of paint are really durable.

PS: "ABUSE" is a relative statement. :grin:

Oh yea im on a budget till I get back from the sandbox. So I can't do anything that nice yet. I bought tool dip and sprayed my shift knob and shifter boot. I used rubberized paint (tool dip) in high "traffic" areas so it doesn't "wear" off as fast. Ill post pics as soon as I can.

Yea true but come december ill have a whole power series in that ru. $800 a sub I paid 750 for my whole system... sooo 3000k and ill be golden with the biggest system in a 80's subaru around here. Power series door speakers amps tweeters subs capasitors and everything...

I love the p2's tho they sound pretty good for the $$$ I paid

sick dude, we're both runnin rockford fosgate p2's in the hatch

Yea true but come december ill have a whole power series in that ru. $800 a sub I paid 750 for my whole system... sooo 3000k and ill be golden with the biggest system in a 80's subaru around here. Power series door speakers amps tweeters subs capasitors and everything...

I love the p2's tho they sound pretty good for the $$$ I paid

thats crazy man, power series stuff makes some serious sound!

Oh yea im on a budget till I get back from the sandbox. So I can't do anything that nice yet. I bought tool dip and sprayed my shift knob and shifter boot. I used rubberized paint (tool dip) in high "traffic" areas so it doesn't "wear" off as fast. Ill post pics as soon as I can.

Good idea. The flexible additives in the tool dip make it alot more durable.

Where are you going in the sandbox?

How do I get the db's checked?
The cheapest way is o go one of the CarToys tent events where they do the Sound Off. It will yield the most accurate results.

Mike

for accurate readings,i'd do what Mykeys Toy said and wait till there's a sound off.not only will you get a good reading but you may also win something..the place i went to just had a cheap (so the guy said,also said it cost $3,000 for it to be replaced) and all i got was 128.9 using a comp cd w/only low freqs on it..

Define biggest system in a sube! Are you talking about money spent? A guy at WCSS4 had a whole Focal system running off Phoenix Gold TI amps. Or is it most power consumption? If thats your case you will need more than 2000 watts for your entire system :grin:. I found my SoundStream 10 were quite power hungry.

Biggest as in hardest hitting system in a '19802's' subaru and yes I know I need alota amps/watts ill get em too.. :lol:

Define biggest system in a sube! Are you talking about money spent? A guy at WCSS4 had a whole Focal system running off Phoenix Gold TI amps. Or is it most power consumption? If thats your case you will need more than 2000 watts for your entire system :grin:. I found my SoundStream 10 were quite power hungry.