Ultimate Subaru Message Board

any interest in a borked RX tranny?

Short: It is toasted. I'm tossing it into a scrap body for extra weight.

Are there any exterior bits that anyone wants?

Long: Tranny from a 88 RX was in severe front-end collision.

It is toasted. Lots of whining, crunching, gear oil was probably half metal by weight.

I put about 1000 miles on it (including off-roading) after the accident for a family vacation.

Thought I lost 1st and 2nd gears until I found them. Speeds over 100 mph, starting in 3rd gear at mucho rpms, etc

So are there any sensors/switches/whatever that anybody wants for the cost of shipping?

I'd be interested in the center diff and it's housing, and what's left of the driven shaft. I'd like to piece together a hybrid trans, and that's pretty much all I need from the RX trans. I've got a line on a good one locally, but it'd be a shame to cannibalize a good trans just for a few parts.

I'd be interested in the center diff and it's housing, and what's left of the driven shaft. I'd like to piece together a hybrid trans, and that's pretty much all I need from the RX trans. I've got a line on a good one locally, but it'd be a shame to cannibalize a good trans just for a few parts.

There was SERIOUS noise and metal flake/chunk action. Do you think the innards would be in acceptable condition?

There was SERIOUS noise and metal flake/chunk action. Do you think the innards would be in acceptable condition?

could be. it'll be getting a drastic overhaul anyway...I'd need the front ring and pinion though too. I'm not sure it'd be worth paying for shipping. but if MilesFox could bring the whole thing over, it might be worth playing with.