Ultimate Subaru Message Board

L/F: XT drivers window

OK!! If mine are tinted, they be the Blue tint. can't really say they're tinted, slight change in color when looking thru them vs not looking thru the glass. Don't think I would call it either, but really can't say it's Gold tint. Out of an '88 XT6...

All autoglass produced since the 60's(?) has a bit of a tint to it. Most of it is either blue or green, though there are several other colors available. It isn't a tint film like you'd get at a tint shop, rather the glass itself is colored.

According to PPG, both blue and bronze are available for the XT cars, though they do not differentiate between XT and XT6 since both cars got the same glass.

If you want to order new glass, I could get it for about $65 + shipping. Probably less.

All autoglass produced since the 60's(?) has a bit of a tint to it. Most of it is either blue or green, though there are several other colors available. It isn't a tint film like you'd get at a tint shop, rather the glass itself is colored.

According to PPG, both blue and bronze are available for the XT cars, though they do not differentiate between XT and XT6 since both cars got the same glass.

If you want to order new glass, I could get it for about $65 + shipping. Probably less.

I can recall 10 to 12 years ago the windshield for the XT6 would set you back $1200. And the tint isn't external. Sort of makes everything look slightly brown viewed from inside the car.

I can recall 10 to 12 years ago the windshield for the XT6 would set you back $1200.

If you were to bring that car into my shop today, you'd probably be in it about $300 installed. New PPG glass and all.

And the tint isn't external.

Yes, I believe that's what I said.

Always been my understanding all the XT6s got the gold tint and only the XT6s. XTs got something else.

my 85 turbo 4WD glass is bronze.. it was easier to tell it when installed in the 86 DL with the blue glass on the other side..

may simply be that what ever was top range got the gold stuff.