Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber is in but a few questions from the guru's

Its done only took me 2 hours

Right on - looks good except your PCV and breather lines aren't routed correctly/at all. You need to T both valve covers and the PCV valve into the white elbow on the bottom of the Weber filter.

And you don't need to put vacuum caps on all the old "hardlines". Those go nowhere now as you should have disconnected all of the items they once supplied. They are not attached to the manifold - it's just a big spider-like thing composed of a bunch of steel tubing that's bolted to the underside of the manifold.

My question is what is this and how do i removed it i capped it for now unless im told not to or how to remove it cause it's loud!

That's the air suction valve. Look behind the valve itself and you'll see where the tube from the exhaust spacer threads into it. Remove the two 12mm bolts holding the valve to it's bracket and unthread the flare fitting for the tubing. Drop a quarter (yes - $0.25) into the valve and reinstall it. This will effectively "shut it off". You don't need it and it's not doing anything useful for you. If you want more info on them do a search for "ASV" or Air Suction Valve. They supply oxygen-laden air for part of the old-style catalytic converter to function more effeciently.

P.S. GD this is what my kit cam with roight out of the box cause u were wondering

That's a lot better than my kit. Glad they take sugestions on this stuff apparently. Mine was horrible - didn't include any of that linkage stuff, had the 3" filter, and the adaptor plate. And it cost me $399 back in like '03. :mad:

Oh well - live and learn. My last one cost $190 cause I built it myself :).

GD

so is it pretty good that the car fires right up after i primed it and all i had to do was turn the idle screw down a little bit to idle at 800 rpm
..Just curious here,(without having to remove the jets)... but would you know from the info provided as to what size the "primary and secondary idle jets" would be