Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'03 GT sedan Fog light bulb replacment

Not hard...just annoying. Plan on about 15-20 minutes a side. Pulling the plastic liner back and getting the bulb in without getting it dirty are the only drawbacks.
'

Have any pics? What plastic liner needs to be removed?

Sorry man, I didn't take any pics. It will be easier if you drive the front of the car onto ramps before you start. This allows a little more leverage and space to move the plastic liner back. I'll go look at my car this evening and see if I can't give you more details.

Sorry man, I didn't take any pics. It will be easier if you drive the front of the car onto ramps before you start. This allows a little more leverage and space to move the plastic liner back. I'll go look at my car this evening and see if I can't give you more details.

Thanks, that would be great

From under and back of the front fender, the plastic fender liner wraps around the wheel well and under the forward part of the fender. It then tucks into and on top of the bottom of the front bumper cover/shroud. It's one very large piece of plastic. There's even a little spoiler attached to it forward of the tire.

The fastener that is attached to the forward side of the liner to keep it secure needs to be removed. Once the fastener is removed, carefully bend back the liner to gain access to the light. The bulb in mine is an H3, but check your owner's manual to be sure. They changed the look of the fog light in 2003, so I don't know if they changed the bulb as well.

That fastener is a cheap plastic thing that breaks easily. I put a small bolt with a lock washer and nut in its place after breaking it when I last replaced the fog light bulb.