Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Way Cool Gift from Friend for the Older Gen

A dear friend of mine is visiting from Cali this week..and stopped by today and brought me this..

A sealed...un-opened..original manual.

heads051.jpg

Said he saw it at a swap meet in cali and said I had to have it. It will never be opened..ever

Sweet, you need a thick picture frame for it so you can mount it on the garage wall.
cool!!!!!!!!!!

out of direct, or even partial sunlight of course! put some of those sillica packs in with it. you know, those little pillow packs that come with new shoes that say "DO NOT EAT." since when do new shoes come with a snack anyways? you do realize that since they have seen fit to put "DO NOT EAT" on those sillica packs only means someone has.......

Wow now thats a cool gift!

yeah the picture frame is a nice idea!

Originally Posted by jonas cool!!!!!!!!!!

out of direct, or even partial sunlight of course! put some of those sillica packs in with it. you know, those little pillow packs that come with new shoes that say "DO NOT EAT." since when do new shoes come with a snack anyways? you do realize that since they have seen fit to put "DO NOT EAT" on those sillica packs only means someone has.......

Today 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Flowmastered87GL

Sweet, you need a thick picture frame for it so you can mount it on the garage wall.

Sweet, you need a thick picture frame for it so you can mount it on the garage wall. Glad you arent opening it. My manuals are full of grease and the spines are broken from setting tools on them to hold the page open :lol:

Like all mine...... :)

That's a cool find. Still sealed. :)

Woman: I am sick and tired of you all the time fixing that thing. You should have bought the BRAT!

Man: I am sick and tired of you not shutting up. Look who's on the bike!

Nice score Connie, hope you enjoyed my maintenance manual voice over.

Sorry, I know this thread is probably way over, but your response to my offer kind of threw me...

Originally posted by ferox

If you want a companion manual to your sealed copy let me know.

Orignally posted by Bucky92

I have an FSM..this is just nostalgic

A lot of collectors I know like to have an opened copy as a companion to their wrapped or boxed collectible. I was just offering to give you mine for that purpose. I'll take your initial response as a "not interested", I just wanted to clarify an apparent misunderstanding.