Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just put new dashlights on the Brat...pics..

did this to my wagon awhile back and liked the results.

this go 'round came out better IMO..

IMG_0438-1.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440-1.jpg

changed the dome light too. from the outside. looks waayyyyyy cooler in person...

IMG_0445.jpg

very pleased with the results and myself. only lost one bulb into the bowels of the dash....

found some red bulbs. place i got them from only stocked two packs at a time, so it took several weeks get the necessary amount.

when i did the wagon i didn't use colored bulbs. i used a Magic Marker to "paint" them red. what i found is that over time, the red from the MM faded leaving the color uneven.

I like it...I liked the orange lights of my GLF better then the the normal...you have my mind going a mile a minute now...hummmm...swapping the bulbs in my analog dash when it goes in to..maybe red ( bit I dont like to be a copy cat) or maybe blue..cause..LB DOES stand for Lil Blue ;)

i've thought about blue but the guages have a yellow backing on them that, as far as i can tell, can't be removed, leaving red as my only option. on the other hand, blue bulbs may give you a nice blue/green. if i had a junk cluster i could experiment. i did take a Magic Marker (red) to the yellow backing to aid in the color change...

Nice Looking! ... I Like It! :)

I was Thinking on Swaping my Subies` Dash Lights, but with Led Bulbs...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=72139

...Didn`t done that Yet, but I think by this Year`s end, might be...

Don`t you liked to try with LED`s ?

But I Really Like the Looks of your Subie`s Dash :)

yeah, i did think LED. but i figured the cost of swapping all those bulbs to LED, never mind finding compatible ones, or adapting, wasn't worth it. the regular bulbs are plenty bright for me, and cheap! now i am considering swapping the glove box and dome light to LED. i would like those oned to be brighter...

To Change the Glovebox with Led is Good Idea! ... My Subies got a White High Intensity Led Bulb, and it seems to be like a White Neon House Light inside!

There are "Standard" Leds, and High Intensity ones... for Single Bulb Aplication -like GloveBox- is better the High Intensity ones...

I Like very Much the Looks of your Dash, and the Whole Lights settlement there, as the Satellite Radio, the Stereo, the Dash`s ... They`re Nice Looking one Side to Another. in Other Cars, the Lights settlement, doesn`t Looks Good like Yours.

Nice. :)

If I can dig up the link (lost it in a favorites dump last year)

I found a site that sells LED replacments for all kinds of applications.

They make just about every auto bulb out there.

Was going to order some of thier UV dome light replacements but, well, lost the link. :-\

Ahh, here it is. They even have the twist in dash bulbs. :) And ones that go in place of fog/headlight bulbs. (only for DRL use though)

http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm