Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting NADA values for early Brats

I've been puzzled trying to get NADA numbers for the '84 Brat and been stymied by the fact they no longer seem to list cars older than 1987. I finally figured out how to get past 1987 on the NADA website for the Brat.

You need to go to classic cars and then select passenger cars and then Subaru and lastly Brat and the year. Here's what came up for an '84 GL Brat:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5014&y=1984&m=1212&d=5613&c=14&vi =87283&z=98052&da=-1

I see this URL doesn't go back to the listing I found; I guess you'll need to go to their website and follow the tabs I mentioned to get what I found.

Interesting values and I don't really think they reflect the true REPLACEMENT value of the early cars. As always NADA is the lowest number when compared to Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book (I haven't found any listing for Brats in either of those).

Wow Ed thats pretty cool...I got the value of my coupe ( once it is put back together) And was very plesently suprised $2575-$3450 .

Isn't it cool to have a car that is actually appreciating in value?

These cars are truely becoming rare and classic and starting to be recognized as such.

These cars are truely becoming rare and classic and starting to be recognized as such.

it's a great thing when 20+year old car's are getting better mpg's than the newest cars......

According to an insurance guy I spoke to the turning point is around 20 years; before that the car loses value, settles out, and then starts to appreciate with age. I'm a little disappointed that NADA hasn't figured that out yet with Brats; I think their numbers are currently under the "true" value.

According to an insurance guy I spoke to the turning point is around 20 years; before that the car loses value, settles out, and then starts to appreciate with age. I'm a little disappointed that NADA hasn't figured that out yet with Brats; I think their numbers are currently under the "true" value.

I agree. The true value is what someone will pay for one. I posted this before:

http://www.vinbee.com/cgi-bin/pv.cgi?veh=subaru-brat

There are other throw-aways that are gaining in value, that's if you can find one for sale.

There are other throw-aways that are gaining in value, that's if you can find one for sale.

Mary, thanks again for that post. I'm between vacations (just got back from one and leaving for a long weekend in B.C. at the Islands Music Festival. I'll be looking at this site carefully since I'm expecting a fight from the insurance company on my son's '82 Brat.

Am I missing something here? I don't see selling prices or do I need to research each one separately to find the selling price?

Ooops, sorry I didn't query the listing enough. Easy enough to find that info. Now all I have to do is find an easy way to enter the data from the auctions (mileage, condition, price) into a spreadsheet to make life easier. Thanks again, Mary.