Ultimate Subaru Message Board

DYNO - stock EA82T

I won the low score contest on dyno day!

Baseline run with stock CCR EA82T with about 50k miles (1.8L, 7.7:1 compression, VF7 turbo, 7psi boost, no IC installed, 92 octane)

K&N drop-in, nos downpipe with ~50k, gutted rear cat, Dynomax SuperTurbo 2.25" muffler

dyno2.jpg

96 awhp and 112 awtq. only 17% off the rated crank numbers.

This was also with 215/70 Blizzaks which have a diameter about 16% bigger than stock. I don't know if that would effect torque delivery/measurement.

This was a baseline run. I have an AWIC, spyder manifold, cams, TD04, injectors, all custom exhaust, Blaster2 coil, etc that will get installed when I have the time and funds for misc bits. Also, spark plugs are new but cap and rotor are probably due for replacement.

It for sure did. Why were you running winter tires anyway?

Just got back from sand dunes and haven't gotten around to swapping the suspension back to normal.

I had two runs in normal, and one in low range (RX ~19%) to see what happened. I'm waiting on all three of my charts, but I think there wasn't much difference between HI/LO.

I'm certainly no expert, but my thinking goes that the larger tires would effectively take away torque in relation to diameter differences. Low range with the big tires is about the same as stock tires, and HI/LO didn't matter much to the dyno. So perhaps the max numbers can still be calculated fine, but the curves would be different.

I'm certainly no expert, but my thinking goes that the larger tires would effectively take away torque in relation to diameter differences. Low range with the big tires is about the same as stock tires, and HI/LO didn't matter much to the dyno. So perhaps the max numbers can still be calculated fine, but the curves would be different.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing your improved numbers. :banana:

The larger tires will have little effect, if any. They DO reduce torque, but at the same time they increase speed. The power remains the same. If anything they will increase your torque numbers because powertrain loss will be lower because it is turning slower.

If anybody's running a drop-in filter on an EA82T or EA81T, and if you want performance, I hope you've cut out the bottom of the airbox. Stock, the air intake breathes through a muffler and an aperture the size of a deodorant stick. Cut out, it breathes through the entire air filter and you gain a ton of power even with a stock exhaust.

If anybody's running a drop-in filter on an EA82T or EA81T, and if you want performance, I hope you've cut out the bottom of the airbox. Stock, the air intake breathes through a muffler and an aperture the size of a deodorant stick. Cut out, it breathes through the entire air filter and you gain a ton of power even with a stock exhaust.

I have 5 - 2in holes in the bottom of my air box ;)

Man, all this dyno talk has me excited about my GL-10 again. I have a 3" fenderwell intake with an open air element(BLITZ style) and 2-1/4" TB exhaust. I am going to be having a new 2.5" TB exhaust installed, along with 280Z(turbo) injectors, a bigger IC, and a few other items that I have accumulated since I have been here. Needless to say, I am going to be trying to locate the nearest AWD dyno and see how much power my car is making. I am not trying to break any records or anything, but I would like to see something to the tune of 140awhp. That would make me happy. :banana:

Patrick