Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hybrid Rear EA/EJ axles

PoorManzImpreza

I build these a few months back..

New Old Stock ea82 rear axles and JDM R160 WRX rear axles..I noticed that they both had '82AC' marked on them so knowing this is NTN (OE provider for all factory subaru axles) speak for the size of the joint, I pulled apart both the inboard joints and hey what do you know? They are the same internally.

I then swapped the outer cups of the inboard joints and here are the results:

Copy_of_IMG_0695.JPG

EA and EJ Hybrid rears

Copy_of_IMG_0705.JPG

EA and EJ Hybrid inboard

Copy_of_IMG_0708.JPG

Close-up of Stub on EA hybrid

This will allow my 4.11 JDM WRX LSD to bolt into my car and is pretty easy to replicate for us ej conversion addicts...

Again, so close yet so far...

Kaz

Hi.I've built the same setup.The problem with the later ea82 cv outer on the setup is on the passenger

side it doesn't have quite enough length.It will fit alright but if you give some heavy accelleration it pulls out of the diff,this happens on both lifted and unlifted cars.The solution on mine was to run the earlier ea82 doj on the outer.I get a fair bit of up and down movement ,its a offroader, and are yet to pull one out of the diff.

Another solution is a combination of madza and subaru parts.I don't know exactly what parts are used but the shaft is thicker.

Alot of the different model subaru driveshafts , cv and doj are interchangable.

Keep up the good work andd documentation.