Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NW Washington Offroad group or Hill Holder Offraod

one eye

The WCSS pic confused me alittle, thought it was affiliated. I still accepted the friend even though Im too far to ever wheel with you guys.

Sorry I don't have a group Pic maybe I'll change it to a Subaru logo. At least this way you'll be in touch with us!

Jeff

Anyone ever been up here? NF-38 is a forest service road, just outside of Deming, where I camped last year. It's about 12 miles long, and not off-road worthy, but the last few miles is nasty! If you can see it on the map, it's the switchbacks at the end. Nice view from up there, too. I had no probs making it with my bronco, but I wouldn't try it with my suba-stocker! Nice and remote...only saw 2 cars in 4 days. :banana:

l_18338e6bc6f587cbb38377524974ae6e.jpg

Anyone ever been up here? NF-38 is a forest service road, just outside of Deming, where I camped last year. It's about 12 miles long, and not off-road worthy, but the last few miles is nasty! If you can see it on the map, it's the switchbacks at the end. Nice view from up there, too. I had no probs making it with my bronco, but I wouldn't try it with my suba-stocker! Nice and remote...only saw 2 cars in 4 days. :banana:

l_18338e6bc6f587cbb38377524974ae6e.jpg

Is this part of North Fork?

Jeff

Don't know, Jeff. I've heard of North Fork before, but only lived in this area about 5 years. I'm a transplant from Estacada, OR. Honestly, I haven't explored much of this area's wilderness. Been living the family life! 542 there on the map is better known as Mt. Baker hwy, and it's close to Deming. Those switchbacks should be a piece of cake, for a lifted soob! I'd have fun even driving my suba-stocker up to that point, then maybe getting a ride with someone else to the top. Got camcorder too.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I started this w/o any replys

http://www.myspace.com/nwwashingtonoffroad

That is the website for us do you have a myspace account Scott?

you might want to make on if you don't:-p It's easy I mde it in 5 mins

There ain't much there but it will come with time. I have a WCSS10 pic as the head picture for now

Jeff

Jeff I dont have a myspace account , whats your plans with that site??

DRAT!!! That's one of the few weekends I already have plans for. Oh well, that'll give me more time to build up the suba-stocker to a suba-rocker. :headbang:

Scott, Rob and I talked it over and we are going to try and have wheeling trips around the 20ths or so of every months, that way everone will kidna get the idea that we will always have something going around then.

PS

Just to give you a bit of heads up there is a bit of body damage involved with the wheeling trips, I don't think anyone left without smashing in a door or all my doors,front bumper, rear bumper, fenders and hood. My hatch even got damage, (Scott??? :-p ) but I though I would let you know it does get a little hairy

Jeff

Scott, Rob and I talked it over and we are going to try and have wheeling trips around the 20ths or so of every months, that way everone will kidna get the idea that we will always have something going around then.

PS

Just to give you a bit of heads up there is a bit of body damage involved with the wheeling trips, I don't think anyone left without smashing in a door or all my doors,front bumper, rear bumper, fenders and hood. My hatch even got damage, (Scott??? :-p ) but I though I would let you know it does get a little hairy

Jeff

"Grocery Getter Offroad "

OK

lets go the 20th or 27th of sept I will check with Mar

PS

Jeff

But, my body is so straight...soob's too! :banana:

Can't get body damage when it's stuck in a pothole. So far, haven't even finished my 1st tune-up, let alone lift, wheels, weber, etc. Until it's ready, though, would still like to go on trips. Could take film, ride along, pound out dents, bring beer! :drunk:

But, my body is so straight...soob's too! :banana:

Can't get body damage when it's stuck in a pothole. So far, haven't even finished my 1st tune-up, let alone lift, wheels, weber, etc. Until it's ready, though, would still like to go on trips. Could take film, ride along, pound out dents, bring beer! :drunk:

Be sure to speak up before the next trip. I'll do my best to find you a seat in mine. IF it decides to play nice this time! :dead::grin: