Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My compresser turns on and works fine but for some reason its not blowing cold in the cab. What could be causing this.:-\ yes its got the right amount of 134a
How do you know it has the right amount of refrigerant? This is not something the average person can determine.

Are we're talking about your '86 wagon here or your '96 OBW?

How do you know it has the right amount of refrigerant? This is not something the average person can determine.

Are we're talking about your '86 wagon here or your '96 OBW?

96 obw, The 86 had to goto its final resting place Harrys upull in Hazleton. I'm not the average person I have been working on cars for 35 years now but I don't mess with A/C much.:grin: I have access to gages from a Friend that works at a shop. The gage shows the the right amount. Thanks for the link unibrook! It has no leaks we checked with the die you put in it. The line from the compresser to the cab does not get cold and the one from the condenser gets super hot.

What is the "right amount" Also what is the ambiant air temperiture?

Always give us the exact data points when we are trying to help diagnose an issue. What you may think is the "right amount" may be an important clue to the problem.

Also did you read the pressures after 10 minutes of the AC running for it to normalize? We need both the high pressure and low pressure numbers.

nipper