Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To sell head bolts, silly! It worked this time didn't it?

That's got to be the must convulooted (sic) torque sequence I've ever seen. I knew when I looked it over I should take it in the house sit down with a cup of jo and read it. But NOOOO I'll follow it as I go along:dead:

They only got me for 1 bolt and a 1 HG. If I had talked to the machinist before I ordered the HG I might have used the same one, and I since found a whole set of head bolts that I could have used.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread, but they got me too. I'm looking for a machine shop to back out the broken piece, then I'll be re-installing with new head bolts. Not good times. I'm gonna find out who wrote it in in-lbs and kick them squaw!

Thye use inch/pounds because it's such a low torque value that it's on the bottom end of the scale for most ft/lb insturments. It's 11 ft/lbs and most of them start at 10. The low end of the scale is not typically very accurate on precision measureing devices so they call for an in/lbs device so the result is more accurate.

That said I typically just do them with my larger insturment set at 11. I haven't had a problem with it. But I do use Snap-On torque insturments. :)

GD