Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ECU, Wireing harness, turbo engine cross-member, radiator and turbo water tank + all lines, complete exhaust system, boost control components from passsenger strut tower, fuel pump, etc. There is probably more but I know all that stuff is different.

It's been done, but it best to have an entire turbo donor car (be it WRX, or whatever). It always easier to swap a different turbo engine into a chassis that was always turbo from day one than it is to swap from NA to turbo.

You might consider just swapping to the phase III 2.5. It's the same stock power as the EJ22T - just doesn't have the overhead for modifications that the turbo's do.

GD

I just found a cheap turbo touring wagon with a bad tranny and looks like it has body damage so I figured I'd swap the engine into my NA car that has a straight body and call it a day. But if I have to do all that...maybe not.

There's another turbo sedan I have my eye on so I'm reconsidering.

You don't need the complete harness. You just need to run the pins for the boost related sensors back to the ECU connector. Besides that, you need to swap the positive leads for the crank & cam sensors, and move the coolant temp sensor wiring down slightly on the engine harness. Much easier then swapping a complete harness.

Also, the turbo legacy radiator won't fit in the non-turbo cars. It's taller.

Use the stock n/a one. I've been using it since I did my swap.

If you have both radiators, I'd be interested in side-by-side pictures and dimensions.

If you use the stock n/a radiator you need to tie the fitting near the radiator neck to the turbo coolant resevoir tank. You tie it to the port that was meant for the line that comes off the passenger side of the turbo radiator. You also need to remove the lower rubber gasket on the radiator cap so that coolant can flow to the turbo coolant resevoir tank.

I know that sounds kind of complicated, but if you search the BBS it was discussed when a few times, including by myself.

Josh