Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting to the clutch trans removal question.

When they do that to me, I just go berserk.

+1 on that!

you can try to be nice about it for hours, or you can just baby-shake it until you hit the magic spot... but again, when I did it I was putting the engine in, not the tranny, and it was probably a lot easier to manhandle it from the engine compartment than to do it from under the car... I also used one of those cheap plastic alignment tools though...

--spiffy

I also remove the pitch stopper on the engine and run a compression strap through the rear engine lift eyelet and around the spare tire hold down bolt, so I can orient the pitch of the engine with the approach pitch of the transmission.

I was thinking of that and may give it a shot. I tightened mine up all the way but aybe a little more could o the trick.

Gonna head on out and attack it again in a few

I'm thinking I'll get it this time. It was dark by the time I got it all situated last night and was actually trying to get in to slide in. With daylight I'll have an easier time I'm sure. :)

+1 on that!

you can try to be nice about it for hours, or you can just baby-shake it until you hit the magic spot... but again, when I did it I was putting the engine in, not the tranny, and it was probably a lot easier to manhandle it from the engine compartment than to do it from under the car... I also used one of those cheap plastic alignment tools though...

--spiffy

Yeah I used the tool as well.mine seemed to fit nice and tight.

Think I'm just not quite getting that sweetspot.

if only I could just flip it on it's roof this would be cake. :lol:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It went.

"thunk"

And the sweet spot was found. :headbang:

All bolted in. Just gotta hook everything back up.

Adjust it.

And :burnout:

Thousand thank yous to all that threw in their knowledge. I took all advice given, mixed throughly and the results were perfect.

:)

* Oh yeah.

I think that the methods in here should be assembled for the USRM.