Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Building a Racecar...

fajr22

i did know the 2.5 was not available in my car, but in short... i have already taken car of that issue.. the Sohc block has mor mains then the dohc, is that correct??

ALL EJxx motors have 5 main bearings. Phase 1 2.5l (the dual overhead cam ones) have the thrust bearing on a different main than the phase 2 (SOHC) 2.5l. All this means is that you have to keep the correct crank with the correct block.

EJ22 heads on an EJ25 block make for good low end torque but no high end power. Good for a track with a lot of tight turns, not good for an open track.

See this thread if you want to research that: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1107352

Intake manifold must match heads. The deck height on all the blocks is the same, but the port configuration is different. The wireing can be swapped from manifold to manifold easily, as to keep stock engine harness.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for great info, i have been gone a while and when i came on earlier this week it said the board had been hacked.. So anyway, the 1.8 runs and drives it was parked because clutch was smoked, i have 2 of them and the turbo motor.. i am open to reasonable offers on all.. Lastly does the 2.2 turbo have better injectors?? thanx fajr22@yahoo.com

Thanks for great info, i have been gone a while and when i came on earlier this week it said the board had been hacked.. So anyway, the 1.8 runs and drives it was parked because clutch was smoked, i have 2 of them and the turbo motor.. i am open to reasonable offers on all.. Lastly does the 2.2 turbo have better injectors?? thanx fajr22@yahoo.com

depends on your meaning of 'better'... yes i think they flow more fuel but the engine doesn't flow enough air to make it worth it (or make it faster).

and unless you run some sort of EM there would be no way to control the extra flow from the injectors.