Ultimate Subaru Message Board

creeping up there.....

• 8 months later...
Do you just not drive much, or do you usually drive something else? I've put 7k on the turbowagon in the last four months, and 16k on my Courier over the last year (with a couple months downtime)

I'm saving it for my son for his first car, so it stays in storage during the winter to keep the rust monster away, and I have a few other vehicles to choose from for a DD.

'96 Yukon (Good AC, Tow Rig)

'72 Chevy K20 (future tow rig, toy)

and for a while, I was driving a '78 Brat until I sold it.....

• 9 months later...

just for the record, its NOT a crime to drive less than a thousand miles each week. people all over the world walk and ride bikes or buses when it is convenient. i LOVE my brat and classic cars in general. so dont get me wrong or think im a tree hugger car-hater. but damn, why is it that so many people are shocked when someone only drives ten or even eight thousand miles in 12 months? i got my 09 tacoma prerunner 5-1-09 and just last weekend <march 21-2010> broke 6 thousand miles. its OKAY to spend time OUT of your car once in awhile. i garden, weld, hike, bike, kayak, make sweet sweet love to women, lol....

cars are awesome, especially cars that a real guy like all of us can work on without G.M.s budget and equipment and bill gates computer knowledge. carbs are COOL when they work.

im just saying....

enjoy ALL of life, you know, not JUST cars. life is great. doesnt take internal combustion to enjoy that. especially for americans. even with all the crooked politics in recent years, americans still have it made in the general scheme of things.

so appreciate it and dont take it for granted, you dummies....

LOL...... ok, ill step of the soap box now. sorry for the rant.

just for the record, its NOT a crime to drive less than a thousand miles each week. people all over the world walk and ride bikes or buses when it is convenient. i LOVE my brat and classic cars in general. so dont get me wrong or think im a tree hugger car-hater. but damn, why is it that so many people are shocked when someone only drives ten or even eight thousand miles in 12 months? i got my 09 tacoma prerunner 5-1-09 and just last weekend <march 21-2010> broke 6 thousand miles. its OKAY to spend time OUT of your car once in awhile. i garden, weld, hike, bike, kayak, make sweet sweet love to women, lol....

cars are awesome, especially cars that a real guy like all of us can work on without G.M.s budget and equipment and bill gates computer knowledge. carbs are COOL when they work.

im just saying....

enjoy ALL of life, you know, not JUST cars. life is great. doesnt take internal combustion to enjoy that. especially for americans. even with all the crooked politics in recent years, americans still have it made in the general scheme of things.

so appreciate it and dont take it for granted, you dummies....

LOL...... ok, ill step of the soap box now. sorry for the rant.

Well, that was quite a rant there.

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!

/family guy :)