Ultimate Subaru Message Board

First of all, I would like to apologize if my post is in the wrong place.

I am in need of good advices from you fine gentlemen! I need to change both my headlights and I hate to pay 50$ for a 5$ part. I would like to let you know that I know NOTHING in mechanics! I don't ever do my oil change myself. I know that in order to change headlight on 2005 2.5RS Impreza you have to take out the front pumper first...

If someone would be kind enough to make a quick guide for me, or redirect me to one, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind my knowledge in mechanic. So it have to be easy to understand. It can be in french to.

Thanks a million times!

I'm assuming you mean the headlamp (bulb inside the housing), which should be pretty easy. For the most specific directions for your car, we will need the year and model of your car (some minor differences between some models).

Also, if both of them are out, have you made sure it is not the fuse? That would be even easier than the bulb, if that is the case. Also if it is the fuse, replacing the bulb will not fix it. We can help you, though. Let's just go through this one step at a time.