Ultimate Subaru Message Board

things we miss...

jonas

O'Gradys Au-Gratin potato chips. good gawd those extra thick chips were the best!

i miss the wax Halloween candy. those wax lips and the Kool-Aid filled bottles/pan pipes.

many musicians who went too early.

Bobs Hamburgers. you know!

candy cigarettes. in the winter it looked like you were actually smoking. so cool, or so we thought!

Drive-in movies!

Ridng my bike without a helmet, down to the corner store without the fear of getting, raped, mugged, kidnapped, or killed.

Flying down the country road in the back of a beat up pickup, sitting on top of the fresh cut hey bails.

Swimming in the creek and not worrying about some disease

Doing over a 100 mph in a car on a back road and know you will never see a cop

My built to the hilt 69 baja bug

inocent summer love

playing in the mud

I miss Pennsylvania..the simple life and attitudes of the people ...I miss cows ( you know ..lived in CT for 5 years now...and still have yet to see a cow). I miss daily dirtbike rides..and working the motocross track every other sunday. I miss REAL farmers markets. I miss raising my Silkie chickens..and playing with the neighbors horses..being the country redneck I am happiest being.

I miss Bucky ( but he is in the bestest hands) and a part of me misses Rocky ( that evil POS) I miss weekend drag racing with my 71 Mach1.

And..I miss Bucky:

Hubcaps005.jpg

This is really depressing buy the way, so i need some depressing music. Ahh country always does the trick.

Things I Miss. Simple Things

Layin on the hood of my first car watchin the stars. Crusin listen to local radio and getting lost in my thoughts. No one to be responsable for but myself. My Monte Carlos. The feeling of new loves. My friends that have moved on to lives away from here. Fireworks at my Uncles. Times when people close to me werent dieing. Innocence. Rideing my bike to the ben franklin to get 1:18th scale cars for my collection. When i had time to tinker with my cars when it didnt involve me needing them for work the next day. Drinking with friends out buy the lake. My first motorcycle. Late nights at fareway and village inn afterwards. Stealing my brothers jeep for a cruise.

Living together with my family on 8th st, those were really fun times After my step dad left and it was just the 5 of us we had so much fun. We barbqued every weekend, i had my own 2 1/2 car garage to tinker in. 33 cars entered that garage broke and 33 left under there own power. And i did it all for the love of doing it.

Back in the time where i wasnt running around all the time, times where i could stop and rest. Sleep in and enjoy the day. Simple weekend vacations. My full size cars and 150 gas. The summer of 99. Crackin movie lines and jokes with my brothers.

Buy the way listening to country while writeing this was not a good idea.:(

I miss my '86 IROC camaro like you wouldnt believe. My mom totaled it two summers ago and I've missed it ever since. Here is one picture of it from back in the day and then the aftermath.

IMG_0235.jpg?t=1221916745IMG_0766.jpg?t=1221916786IMG_0767.jpg?t=1221916837IMG_0769.jpg?t=1221916881 I do have another IROC now that runs better and faster than the old one ever did but i still miss it. Thats why my new one is being painted the same color as the old in in memory of it.

I miss the winter weekends my dad was actually home and we would get up early Saturday morning and let our '78 Chevy pickup warm up. I'd wake up to the sound of a straight 6 with headers and dual pipes revving and struggling to idle. 3 speed in the floor... my dad would let me shift gears around town. I learned how to drive in that truck... I really miss that thing.

Getting up early and having pancakes, bacon and eggs before going to pick up firewood in my dad's '83 gl hatch. Visiting my Uncle out in the boonies. Getting my dad and uncle confused because they're twins. Hunting easter eggs at my Aunt's house. Playing checkers with my sister. Eating Tony's frozen pizza and watching Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. My Aunt Pat... I always called her heaven. Uncle Owen and Aunt Gale... and their Buick LeSabre. He still drives like a madman and he's 60-something. Visiting relatives on the weekends just for the hell of it. My Papaw and his marble pyramids and clothes-pin rocking chairs. Christmas parties at my aunt's house, probably the most missed memory. Begging the babysitter to let me stay up late so I could watch Movie Magic on the Discovery channel. Playing Super Mario Cart for the SNES with my sis. My mom's Chocolate Maragne pie.

Most of my relatives are still alive and kicking... but they won't be around forever. This thread has made me realize I need to appreciate them more. I don't see them enough, I'm really in the mood now to pay them a visit.

Wow a somehow depressing, yet thoughtful thread!!

I miss Skyline Chili, good ol big boy burgers!!

I miss sweating like a stuck pig in a late afternoon back east.

Riding my bike miles with my buddy Jessie, and trying to cop some smokes from the ol cig machine.

Fishin in the ol muddy river, never catching nothing but bluegill.

I miss the 80's altogether!! The music, the crazy hair, crazy leg warmers...

I miss gas at $0.75 a gallon.

I miss Queen City raceway, and stopping at the ol A&W rootbeer stand after the races with my dad.

I miss rollin around in the back of my dad's chevy on roadtrips, watching the road through rust holes in the bed.

I miss the smokey mountains!! And random trips to Nashville, Red River Gorge.

Ahh the good ol days!!!

:headbang:

oh my wide, what the hell?

anyways,i miss goin out after school to hunt squirrels.

i miss alaska because of april muse.........

skipping school to go surfing .

i miss carrying a sidearm all the time.

i miss my artistic energies..........

but,most of all i miss my privacy........:lol:

I miss the days Before Wal-Mart came to Sunnyside. I hate Wal-Mart.

+1 to legos being cool, nowadays they are not nearly as good as they used to be.

I miss goin boating on the Yakima river and having a blast all day on Sundays in the summer.

I miss going to my Grandma and Grandpa's house every night just for the hell of it.

I miss the old cheesy comercials

I miss those little packets of baked potato seasonings they used to sell at Safeway. Those things were the bomb.

The world will never be the same.

-Bill

I miss my parents old 1969 chevy Kingswood station wagon. I rolled around in the "way back" as a kid and survived a most fun car accident back there when my brother took me skiiing with a bunch of people. The old beast finally died with 400+k miles when I was on a date in SF many years ago. I dont remember the girls name but I sure do remember that car.

I also miss my VFR750. Sold it to buy a dirtbike. I still see the bike because I sold it to a friend.

I miss friends who have passed away.

Good thread.

Daniel

I miss my old subaru's My 87 GL and my 86 RX II

I also miss having partys up i the mountains.

Washington state and the people i know there.

Living with out a care in the world and the only bills were insurance and gas.

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

I like both the wheels and tire combos you have on these cars. Just wondering if you can tell me the type, size of the wheels and what size tires you had on them. Also what type of lowering did you do to the sedan.

Ben