Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P1507 Manual Transmission

I've got an intermittant P1507 code. I've checked all intake areas for leaks and such and found none. Car runs, idles, drives great. Scanguaged it while driving, and all parameters are operating normally. Just a rare intermittant P1507 code. It appears while driving, as I go through neutral, while shifting between gears. Car has 70000 miles on it. 2002 Legacy GT Wagon, 5 speed manual transmission.

Endwrench says:

If you are diagnosing a manual transmission equipped vehicle with a DTC P1507 and can find nothing wrong after following the trouble tree in the appropriate service manual, inspect the Neutral Switch Circuit before replacing any parts.

The Neutral Switch Circuit may cause this code to set. This could falsely indicate to the ECM that the transmission is in neutral when, in fact, it is actually in gear. This can cause the MIL to illuminate and set Code P1507. Keep in mind that the problem can be intermittent and it may be necessary to pin test the connection and to shift into and out of Neutral many times before the switch shows any problems.

Question of the day:

Where is the Neutral Switch Circuit? How do I pin-test? Requesting a pic and/or description.

Thank you guys in advance.