Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel pressure regulators on ebay?

how good can the fpr's on ebay be for 22 dollars. I found this one and it probably works and the price is good but i just wanted to know what u guys thought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BK-FUEL-ADJUSTABLE-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-STI-EVO-LANCER-MR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem320307453081QQitemZ320307453081

well im not really trying to run more boost it just seems that since i added an intercooler and a catless down pipe it feels lean on the top end and its stock boost pressure. If anyone can show me how with pictures to do the crush mod of my stock fpr then that would be awesome and probably where to get a in line fuel gauge.

well im not really trying to run more boost it just seems that since i added an intercooler and a catless down pipe it feels lean on the top end and its stock boost pressure. If anyone can show me how with pictures to do the crush mod of my stock fpr then that would be awesome and probably where to get a in line fuel gauge.

Well, if you are at stock boost it's probably not running lean... Hook a multimeter up to the o2 sensor wire and ground. Have someone in the car watch the meter while you do a full throttle run. If the voltage drops to like 0.1V then it is running lean. It should stay around 0.8V or so when full throttle.

You can see how the top of the FPR is dimpled in. It's a very delicate operation, be careful or you will ruin the FPR. If you don't also modify your MAF, your car could run like poo and get bad mileage. You do not need a specific fuel pressure gauge, any pressure gauge that goes to 70 PSI or so should work fine.

post-9154-136027629548_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well that kinda sucks. I have one on the Draggin' Wagon and it works just fine. It was a no name adjustable FPR that I was given to me by a friend while parting out his car. His car died before he ever got a chance to install it. So, I installed it on my GL-10 and never had any problems out of it. Perhaps it is just another thing that I will have to replace when I get back.

Patrick