Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Coupe Update

After a pretty frustrating and upsetting ordeal with my 83 coupe ( head gasket repair, weber update, alt update) I ended up with a car that wouldnt run..and when it did it wouldnt move cause on its maiden run..the new OEM rear main decided it didnt like sealing and it leaked ..I believe all over the brand new clutch causeing slippage. I couldnt then get the car to run for anything..and it would backfire through the carb..diesel upon shut off.

I came to the conclusion that I have the Tidy Bowl touch...everything I touch turns to poo.

I tinkered with the carb..tossed a whole can of Seafoam in the gas tank and now LB is starting pretty easy and running good..alittle rich but still good. The parts have been coming in..another new OEM rear main, newly resurfaced flywheel..thanks to Jerry ( bratsrus1) rear disk brake swap parts ..thanks to Rob ( turbone ) a new ignition switch and brand new cut key ..Thanks to Backwoodsboy...and lots of other little stuffs.

So it seems I will be digging back into the coupe again soon..doubt it will make Carlisle in May for the Import show though since I doubt it will be ready for the body work and new paint job by then. Not to mention the nightmare digi to analog swap

I am trying to go out and start LB and run him for 15-20 minutes every day go get everything lubed and warmed up..and to hopefully keep the rodents out.

Hi Connie This is Jerry, to keep those little critters out of your car get a bunch of moth balls put them in the car and a bunch of them on the garage floor they don't like the smell. Thanks Jerry

Someday Jerry will call me to come help with the garage he has been planning on building for a decade I think he said?

As far as rodents make the car less delicious. I would think a cheap car cover would help some though.

I tried the moth ball trick with my XT6....it didnt help..but then again it was outside. All it did was make the car smell like old people;) . I havent found any evidence inside of the car yet...but have found some along the wall of the garage..I have traps and decon down.

I did notice yesterday that one tire has a slow leak and is just about flat..:rolleyes: It never ends.

I wonder if Psyko should worry..I did some body work on his Brat when I was out there last week..his Brats bed will probably fall off now :-\..Its the Tidy Bowl touch I say!

On a side note..30 degrees and LB started first try with very little coaxing

Edited by Bucky92

I wonder if Psyko should worry..I did some body work on his Brat when I was out there last week..his Brats bed will probably fall off now :-\..Its the Tidy Bowl touch I say!

My Brat will fail when I wrap it around a tree and not a moment sooner. Quit your worrying. You've got this. ;)