Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tips for removing a stuck wheel?

any tips on removing a really stuck wheel? 95 Legacy sedan with 14" steel wheels.

i've removed rusted wheels before, but this one is worse than all others i've seen. i've hit it with PB blaster, heated the center with a torch, pounded it with hammer, foot, arms....

what's next fellow rust belt people?

got it, thanks guys!

Use a sledge hammer and hit the back of the tire with one of the lug nuts threaded back on a little
thanks all. i wailed on it from behind with hammer/board and it came off.

i was going to do the loosen all lugs then drive method next. that would have been sweet from the start, but i already had it up on jacks/stands and didn't feel like putting it all back together.

Glad you got the road wheel off. All the advise give to you was really good. I have used the sledge hammer approach in the past.

To prevent this happening again, suggest smearing on anti-sieze compound to the facing of the hub, where the road wheel meets the hub. Works like a champ! I use the same stuff on the threads when replacing spark plugs to prevent them from galling and freezing up.