Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 ASV Spacer Plug

Hey I was just wondering if anybody knows what size thread it is that those emission dealies that plug into the exhaust spacers are, I would like to remove these and plug them. Or maybe I should just remove the spacer altogether. If I removed them, im wondering if My Header will still fit properly. (The header is from a later model, it got installed at an exhaust shop and they just happened to have it laying around. I know that they had to heat it up and bend it to make it work. I guess removing them would give me another inch of clearance from my header, that sounds desireable since that would be the first thing to hit a stump. (EA81)

thanks,

Kurt

sounds like maybe you're running ea82 exhaust on an ea81 - that's what i'm running but i didn't have to heat/bend anything. if that's the case ditch the spacers. otherwise, you can replace the spacers with ones that don't have the port for the air suction system or you could just plug it a number of ways with a welder - the easiest being to just cut the pipe, crimp and weld shut.

• 2 weeks later...