Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seats for my '92 Loyale?

I did a bit of searching, but came up short.

Basicly, I'm looking to replace the worn front seats in my '92 Loyale with some newer Subaru seats. Are there certain models I should be looking for that would be a direct swap?

I think my local salvage yard has a newer (2000) Legacy.

-Todd

I've been lookng around, too. I tried some junkyards, but they must be blind over there, considering what they're asking for them. I have a kinda almost perfcet color-match new seat that I'd have to make some brackets for ... still holding out. I saw some on ebay this week that I thought were PERFECT ... but I don't think so, and shipping would have killed me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-CLASSIC-SUBARU-SEATS-NEAR-MINT-BRAT-LOYALE-DL-XT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem130270838746QQitemZ130270838746QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

As far as i kno, none of the newer subaru seats will be a direct bolt in replacement. You will have to get creative. I have 1999 Impreza RS seats in my 83 sedan. MUCH better than stock. But to do it i needed a welder and some thick sheet metal to adapt them to fit.

I put some seats from a gen 1 impreza in my loyale with minimal modification. I used the loyale mounting frames, and just had to drill new holes to bolt the impreza seats to them. Everything was the same width. Knowing Subaru, it's very possible that lots of their newer seats are the same way.

With the Impreza seats, do you guys sit lower, higher, the same?

I like the "drill holes in existing track" method. I see me buying seats, then never breaking out the welder, lol.

Thanks,

Todd

I didn't notice any real difference in height. Just a major difference in comfort.:banana: