Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was This a Good Deal?

Pull a part has Wheels for 10 bucks each for steel and alum. they are 15 bucks. But what you got aint too bad of a deal, over time you'll make connections and you'll find better deals, but not bad for a start. Jeff

Tires, rims... if in good condition... sure $100. Done better and probably done worse.

+1 on connections and recognizing great deals when they come along...

There is a learning curve to most anything new..... the more you know the more schrude of a dealer you become which I believe is why your asking.

Don't take it to heart... as it depends on how bad you needed them and how flexible the seller was. Part's prices very wildly in diff. parts of the country... no pull and parts here... so top dollar on anyting in J/Y. as they pull and we pay out the nose.

My .02 cents. Sometimes there are those that sell things that live in the glory day's of that item. "O'yah... she's a runner, deserves top dollar by gum!" when in fact, it doesn't. Those types make my skin crawl, I just have to walk away from, give them my number, my price and walk because it's like they have these rose tinted glasses on and all they see is what it did for them and not the rust holes that are now showing... etc... and they would rather have it rust to nothing then let it go too anyone for less then they felt it was worth...

A member of the board pounded it into my head to remember these cars are 20+ years old, parts etc.. they should be paying US to haul the cars or parts away!

Sorry for preaching.... :rolleyes:

I paid that for 4 wagon wheels with trim rings and center caps and almost brand new tires. I dont think you got taken but the guys on here are right. The longer you stay in the subie business the thriftier you are. Let me put it to you this way. Im working on getting my 2nd free subaru.

:headbang: Yup... when that second one comes along... it's like... Oh yea!

I messed up on my third free roo... went to crusher before I got there...

snooze you loose...

You do not mention what you plan on using them on.

I hope you cheked that they are all Gen II

wheels.

Hard to tell from the picts

but Gen I's will not fit on the front of a Gen II car.

Hope you got center caps and the plastic fit rings?

You do not mention what you plan on using them on.

I hope you cheked that they are all Gen II

wheels.

Hard to tell from the picts

but Gen I's will not fit on the front of a Gen II car.

Hope you got center caps and the plastic fit rings?

I think they are Gen 3 Wheels, they look to have that different bend on them. Kinda hard to explain in words, they look like they can take the EA82 calipers, if that makes any sense.

Jeff