Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stupid cost cutting Subaru crap

It is pretty simple really. The original cost of a Subaru in 1984 was about $3500 US i for a base model. What did the Mercedes cost then at least $10,000 US? There in lies the difference.

And to answer your original question... 10% saving per car would be $350.00 multiplied by 1 million units(number used for simplicity)... my math tells me that equals $350,000,000. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Fix it right and you would not be having these problems. Be it your fix or the fix of the previous owner(s). Exhaust studs and head bolts usually strip or come out because some no brainer grease monkey over torqued or used air tools to tighten them. That is why torque specs are so important when dealing with aluminum parts.

Edited by Qman

Jordan, is your EA82 sedan up and running?

No I haven't really been motivated to get it up and running after sitting in it and realizing how cramped it is. I might just sell it as is. Just needs the wiring and exhaust, hoses here and there and it should be finished. Really shouldn't have done all this work... after getting used to the Impreza it will only be an inconvenience to drive the GL.

And let me rephrase my previous EJ statement. Don't go EA82.

No I haven't really been motivated to get it up and running after sitting in it and realizing how cramped it is. I might just sell it as is. Just needs the wiring and exhaust, hoses here and there and it should be finished. Really shouldn't have done all this work... after getting used to the Impreza it will only be an inconvenience to drive the GL.

And let me rephrase my previous EJ statement. Don't go EA82.

Not sure how much of the thread you read or know what engine he is refering to but its the dual carb EA81 (105hp). Pretty sure an EA82 is the last thing on his mind :)