Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some Hatch progress

The Beast I Drive

I also like how you chopped the rear quarters! Looks good. I just did that to my Brat.

I had to, when I got the car the rear valance and quarters were trashed, as were the front fenders. I replaced the fronts but i couldnt fix the damage in the rear, so I chopped it off and I like how it cam out, it will work very well for the bumpers Im building for it. This car was heavily abused in its former life, there is not a single panel on this car that doesnt have damge, and the underside is pretty beat up too. There is a little bit of rust starting to develope in the rear wheel arches as well, but I plan on cutting out the fenders a bit anyway so its not a problem. Still looking for new doors, both mine are trashed. The drivers door is splitting in two :eek:, not to mention the apparent shotgun/roll damage.

-Bill

That's cool well it definitely worked out in your favor! Yeah I'd like to find some doors as well, mine are getting a little rusty on the bottoms. But finding doors for a Brat/Hatch around here is pretty impossible:-\ And all those dents on the body are just made so you can fit down the trails better!:grin::lol:

Update! My new shocks came! These are Pro Comp ES1000 shocks, I got them about 7 inches longer than stock to compensate for having the torsion bars cranked up. I had to enlarge the slots on the mounting bracket, but that was easy cheesy lemon peezy. I havent installed them yet, my tires might rub them until I get them on new wheels, but I will find out tomorrow.

12-26-08_1844.jpg

The modification to the brackets

12-26-08_1815.jpg

next to the stock one

12-26-08_1845.jpg

-Bill