Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My BRAT is stuck in a 5 foot drift

I will have to get pics later.

I got within about 30 feet of it with my white car, and broke the come-along trying to winch her out. Its on my road down by the cemetary. I called the town plow driver and left a message, hope they dont come try to plow and not see it.

Think i roasted the clutch too. Will attempt recovery tomorrow.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't own a shovel?i mean comeon,where is your sense of urgency?

i have been stuck a bajillion times.and i have never left a soldier behind.:eek:holy crap.i'm not trying to be a wongleflute,but dude , you have alot of money in that thing,time , and most of all love.what the hell are you thinking leaving it up to someone else to not hit it.for ************s sake cheers, or not....brian

i know. the road has gotten lots worse since i was on it, its entirely drifted shut now. conditions outside are really bad, and the wind chill is like -25 or worse now. also, when the come along busted, the hook end came back and whacked my knee really good, and it is hurting to walk on it. If the road wasnt entirely drifted, i would go back to shovel. even if i shovel it out of the snow drift its in, the rest of the road is now unpassable.

waiting til the morning so i can see what i am doing.

i know. the road has gotten lots worse since i was on it, its entirely drifted shut now. conditions outside are really bad, and the wind chill is like -25 or worse now. also, when the come along busted, the hook end came back and whacked my knee really good, and it is hurting to walk on it. If the road wasnt entirely drifted, i would go back to shovel. even if i shovel it out of the snow drift its in, the rest of the road is now unpassable.

waiting til the morning so i can see what i am doing.

yeah.... ___t happens. Two years ago here, a county dumptruck plow (yes, the big orange 40,000lb ones) got stuck on a big drift and they had to bring the big grader to get it out. And, I don't know how many times I've gone over to houses and found cars stuck in driveways -- my friend's FJ40 completely embedded in a drift almost to his house, a client's F250 plow truck buried level with the hood in a wind drift...

We're getting 50mph gusts and it's 5 degrees at my house tonight. Not much snow though so the drifts are staying pretty tame compared to normal.

Hope you can get it out tomorrow.

I am leaving it til the morning.

Maybe in the daylight tomorrow AM, and if the snow stops blowing, someone will see me shoveling it out and come with a truck. maybe the plow will do the road up to it on both ends so i can get closer. its bad out and no use in risking frost bite to do it now.

I doubt the plows will be out til morning on that road anyhow. just hope when they do go, they can see my BRAT.

i just hope i didnt toast the clutch, maybe i did tho.

Had to take something for the pain in the knee, all i had in the cabinet was tylenol pm, so i guess i will be off to sleep soon, and will report back in the AM.

Edited by bheinen74

clutch is toast.

there is a white lifted Chev truck stuck right next to it now. They tried to go around, and now they are stuck, even worse than me.

plows went out to about 40 feet from the back, in which the 6 foot drift sits. they did not plow the front, so the only way out is the back. need a snow blower to clear that path.

It will have to be pulled home when it comes out of the drift, due to clutch..

It should break free whre it sits now, but i have to dig out the road behind it, yeah it should break free if i had longer tow rope. I am going to go see if the plow got anycloser. if the plow got like just 20 ft more, i could hook on the recovery strap and see.

also, if i hadnt have burn up the clutch, i think it would back out possibly. silly me they always seem to go at the worst time.

Edited by bheinen74

IMGA3764.jpg

Thought id post of a pic of the brat in question. Id help ya out man but ive got tons of stuff to do today. If nothing happens at all today, i can try to get out there tonight.

If that happens make sure youve got enough tow rope to get to it. We can use 2 cars to get it unstuck if necessary, but make sure youve got enough rope